A single cosmetic pack in Diablo IV will be $28

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Diablo IV's in-game shop offers us a variety of cosmetic items. The developers make sure that players buy these items because they like them and not because they feel they need them for the game. The shop therefore does not offer any items that give us a playful advantage (Pay2Win). The accessories and skins to be purchased have purely cosmetic aspects and are used for transmogrification.

Some of the Prices in the Diablo IV cosmetic shop have leaked earlier:

Platinum is the currency for items in the Diablo IV Shop. We get them through real money purchases, as well as rewards with the paid Premium Battle Pass.
500 Platinum - $4.99
1000 Platinum - $9.99
2800 Platinum - $24.99
5700 Platinum - $49.99
11500 Platinum - $99.99

A Necromancer Set (Below) is 2800 Platinum Points, previous screenshots shown this set as 666 Platinum Points (around $6.00)

ok-with-cosmetic-cash-shop-but-28-for-one-set-v0-auqx4seq503b1.png
472654_diablo-iv-11500-platinum.png

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I mean some of the prices are exorbitant for sure and I see that alot in different games but they aren't needed so whoever buys them that's on them.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I mean some of the prices are exorbitant for sure and I see that alot in different games but they aren't needed so whoever buys them that's on them.
if you can get them also by rare drops, then fair enough but if they are exclusive to the game store its something i dont like.

My personal worry is that as time goes on, the coolest looks cosmetics will only be available from the shop, and the drap stuff from drops.

D

Deleted member 417

This was always going to happen. As soon as they announced that the 'hub' was announced to be online only and permanently online, we knew that MTX was going to be high priced to attract the whales and FOMOs.

They say no P2W now, but I bet my account that within 12 months there will be 'booster' packs or something along those lines

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Who cares. It’s literally digital clothes that have no impact on gameplay, lol.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Who cares. It’s literally digital clothes that have no impact on gameplay, lol.
Yer, I mean you are totally right, if those people were not working on micro-transactions they could of been working on stuff that
"DROPS IN THE GAME AS STANDARD"

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is like willingly getting into an abusive relationship because she is somewhat hot, show some restrain people.

Most of the same people mocking Diablo Immortal when it got announced are probably playing this or even defending this type of stuff.

This is not what AAA games are meant to be. I didn't even bother with the beta because I knew who I was dealing with, I learned my lesson long ago when it comes to Blizzard, their lack of integrity and their cynicism.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Same thing with netherrealm games. Abusive relationship describes it perfectly. You pay 70 USD, then several expansion packs but you have to grind like hell to even unlock fatalities.

It's a F2P game at this point. Next thing you know you will end up buying low punch, low kick and high kick as MTX or unlocking them at the krypt.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
What a mess! Wasn't planning to buy this anyways but still so gross. Thank you Sony and Nintendo for continuing to keep this shit outta our games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster