Alone in the Dark Remake is coming out in October 25, stars David Harbour and Jodie Comer

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Alone-in-the-Dark-Showcase_05-25-23_Top-1024x576.jpg

FxA0T8DaIAE8DdO

Developed by THQ’s Swedish studio Pieces Interactive, Alone in the Dark will be released on October 25 and will be available on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC, priced at $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99.

As revealed during a new Showcase video highlighing the game, Alone in the Dark stars Harbour (Stranger Things, Black Widow) and Comer (Killing Eve, Free Guy) as series protagonists Edward Carnby and Emily Hartwood, as they explore the mysterious mansion of Derceto.

A free playable prologue for the game, called Grace in the Dark, is available for download now. It takes place a couple of weeks before the game and features a young girl called Grace Saunders as

While the final game will include combat with monsters, the prologue doesn’t have any combat, given that the protagonist is a child.

In a statement during the showcase, the original 1992 game’s creator Frédérick Raynal gave his blessing to the remake. “With all the remakes going on today, you are never sure what you get at the end,” he said.

“I think that Mikael and the team at Pieces did a great job preserving the core feeling of the game. They even went further than everything I could expect 30 years ago.

Players who pre-order Alone in the Dark will get a Decerto 1992 Costume Pack DLC, which replaces the character models with the low-poly characters from the original 1992 version of Alone in the Dark.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Hard to tell if it's going to be good or not, the known actors and classic IP give it's some unexpected respectability while the obscure dev indicates that it won't be good.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The demo is like 5 minutes long. Game looks good. This is the type of game that fills the gap between AA and AAA. Something we need more of.

I am expecting an 8/10 game here.
If reviewed in the 8s then I am in.