Anime thread? Anime thread.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Just started Welcome to the NHK. Heard good things about it around the web. It's about a NEET that deals with the hikikomori lifestyle and gets into game design...from what I've seen. Seen 3 episodes.

Watching every new episode of Overlord S4 when it comes out. It's pretty solid
Just started watching nhk as well. I'm on episode 8 and am enjoying it. Also finished trigun. No other anime does the whole " won't kill" thing as good as trigun.

OP
OP
Yossarian

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Just started watching nhk as well. I'm on episode 8 and am enjoying it. Also finished trigun. No other anime does the whole " won't kill" thing as good as trigun.
Yeah it's one of the best I've seen, still not as good as Death Note but it's more grounded in reality anyway. It goes into some pretty deep shit. I have trigun on dvd, I picked it up cheap, but I've never actually gotten round to watching it. I think i might do it tomorrow.

i actually cancelled my crunchyroll subscription for reasons but I'll see if my new tv supports it, I don't see why it wouldn't

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yeah it's one of the best I've seen, still not as good as Death Note but it's more grounded in reality anyway. It goes into some pretty deep shit. I have trigun on dvd, I picked it up cheap, but I've never actually gotten round to watching it. I think i might do it tomorrow.

i actually cancelled my crunchyroll subscription for reasons but I'll see if my new tv supports it, I don't see why it wouldn't
I use the funimation app myself. Have a friend who lets me use his info.

Reactions: Yossarian

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I've been watching a shit ton of detective conan/case closed on crunchy roll like it's summer break 2004!

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Finished watching welcome to the nhk. It definitely had more "depth" than your average slice of life anime. Also nearing the end of girls last tour. Not sure what I'll watch next, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

OP
OP
Yossarian

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I'm still watching Overlord s4, keeping up to date with it. I tried Isekai Quartet and I didn't think it was great, but then I only know half the characters. I went back to watch the last 10 or so episodes of Re Zero Life in Another World. I have 5 to go. It's finally starting to pick up. The first half of season 2 is exciting and then nothing happens for like 10 episodes

OP
OP
Yossarian

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Finished watching welcome to the nhk. It definitely had more "depth" than your average slice of life anime. Also nearing the end of girls last tour. Not sure what I'll watch next, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.
Yeah NHK has decent social commentary. I guess the only solution for a hikikomori neet is to just get out there and get a job. It would be a lot harder if you didn't have friends already though. I liked the girl (Misaki?). Never heard of girls last tour. If you like isekai maybe check out Re Zero. Tokyo Ghoul was another good show.

I tried getting into Devil Is A Part Timer and didn't really enjoy it.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yeah NHK has decent social commentary. I guess the only solution for a hikikomori neet is to just get out there and get a job. It would be a lot harder if you didn't have friends already though. I liked the girl (Misaki?). Never heard of girls last tour. If you like isekai maybe check out Re Zero. Tokyo Ghoul was another good show.

I tried getting into Devil Is A Part Timer and didn't really enjoy it.
I actually finished watching Tokyo ghoul last year. It was decent, but felt rushed toward the end.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Still watching cowboy but also started watching miss shachiku and the little baby ghost. Show is adorable.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Gimme

More

Dragon

Ball

Super

Dragon Ball Ultra Instinct GIF by Toei Animation

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I've been watching a bunch of new stuff lately. My favorite new show this year though has to be bocchi the rock. It's hilarious and heart warming. Also some pretty sweet music, which makes sense since it's a show about a band.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Blue Lock
Beast Tamer
Call of the Night
Chainsaw Man
Reincarnated as a Sword
The Eminence in Shadow
I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills
You're watching a ton of seasonal anime from this season. I'd recommend checking out Bocchi the Rock if you're not turned off by CGDCT genre, it's very funny and creative.

Reactions: TubzGaming

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
You're watching a ton of seasonal anime from this season. I'd recommend checking out Bocchi the Rock if you're not turned off by CGDCT genre, it's very funny and creative.
I try to watch as much anime each season as i can so i don't have a massive backlog to catch up on.
CGDCT have have watched some in the past like Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? which i did finish, But i tend to drop off them after a while.
As for Bocchi the Rock i have not seen that one so i have added it to my watch list (y)

Reactions: AniWeeb