Apple Vision Pro comes out in 2024, and will start at $3499

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Expensive. Whatever helps VR is a good thing but not sure if this is it

24 Jun 2022
Not much of a market for this thing outside of business and university. Even there, it'll be limited.

They'll have to create a need for it on the level of the iPhone, and somehow get carriers on-board to help subsidize costs for users (well, sorta; they end up paying more in the end since it's bundled with their service but month-to-month majority don't mind) in order to make it a breakout success.

Which they could in theory do, but I don't think this thing has any smartphone-like features or capabilities, and you can't use it like a phone in terms of SIM cards or a carrier network.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
How wonder how those guys that thought this would dunk on psvr2 feel right now 😆
Well it will from a hardware standpoint, that seems pretty obvious.

But it's the same issue I have with PSVR2. Yeah it can be awesome to try it and check out, and yet I just don't want to use it after doing so. I'd rather use a big screen.

I just don't see how "normal people" will want this. A smartphone can be a necessity. A laptop/desktop can be a necessity. This is just .... a computer that makes you look like a dork. These things have been around for how many years now? And no one cares ...

I would be the perfect target audience for this device, and I have zero desire for it.