Apple Vision pro. So now a cable is OK??

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I see this thing has a cable that connects to a battery. PSVR2 was lambasted by some for having a cable but now this is OK?

Reactions: Kokoloko

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Interesting. All promotional material makes the unit seem standalone.

I’m a video games first user so I’ll naturally rock with the PlayStation unit. With the onset of this Apple contraption PS VR2 becomes even more attractive.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I see this thing has a cable that connects to a battery. PSVR2 was lambasted by some for having a cable but now this is OK?
I don't think Apple fans were blasting PSVR2 for a cable ... probably just Xbox people. I'm not sure who you think is being hypocritical on this thing. They aren't even targeted towards the same market, same demographic, or anything that basically overlaps.

Anyway, not sure what people want. I don't think the headset looks "useful" but then I returned my PSVR2 for the same reason. It's amazing, and I just don't want to wear a headset to play games. So I'll also just take my desktop and laptop, thank you very much.

We just don't have the tech to make an all in one headset that has the kind of tech in the Apple (or even PSVR2) headset and has long battery life, with no cable, no wires etc. Complaining about that is pointless.

D

Deleted member 417

It has a cable that plugs into an external battery. I suppose the restriction comes from not being able to plug it into a console or PC, therefore forcing it to have a battery

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
It is a cable that can go anywhere you go. You’re not tethered to your PS5. Pretty big difference.

PSVR2 really needed a break away cable though. Not sure why they didn’t use one.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It is a cable that can go anywhere you go. You’re not tethered to your PS5. Pretty big difference.

PSVR2 really needed a break away cable though. Not sure why they didn’t use one.

The PSVR2 cable can also go anywhere you go. The PSVR2 is also a gaming accessory for the PS5, it's not supposed to be a standalone product.

Your lack of any coherent arguments just shows your true purpose here, and it's honestly sad.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Cable was always ok. Looking at the apple device I think Sony should've released an optional wireless/battery pack that you place in your waste.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't think Apple fans were blasting PSVR2 for a cable ... probably just Xbox people. I'm not sure who you think is being hypocritical on this thing. They aren't even targeted towards the same market, same demographic, or anything that basically overlaps.

Anyway, not sure what people want. I don't think the headset looks "useful" but then I returned my PSVR2 for the same reason. It's amazing, and I just don't want to wear a headset to play games. So I'll also just take my desktop and laptop, thank you very much.

We just don't have the tech to make an all in one headset that has the kind of tech in the Apple (or even PSVR2) headset and has long battery life, with no cable, no wires etc. Complaining about that is pointless.
Not true at all, this is also geared casuals if you saw one if apples their commercial it was literally a family on a couch eating popcorn. People are in error if they think because the price it's not targeting casuals, thts not true, even sites talking about it act as if they are, not just developers. But to each their own with their analyzes. Enough sites and the msg their given is to attract developers but also to take a pie and advance vr/ar consumers in general.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Not true at all, this is also geared casuals if you saw one if apples their commercial it was literally a family on a couch eating popcorn. People are in error if they think because the price it's not targeting casuals, thts not true, even sites talking about it act as if they are, not just developers. But to each their own with their analyzes. Enough sites and the msg their given is to attract developers but also to take a pie and advance vr/ar consumers in general.
Consumer devices are not 3,500$

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Lol apple, always late to the party and now they can't even do/copy and make it a better product! That apple tax will be their down fall!

Everyone is getting fed up with their over priced and uninspired products.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Lol apple, always late to the party and now they can't even do/copy and make it a better product! That apple tax will be their down fall!

Everyone is getting fed up with their over priced and uninspired products.
I agree. The iPhones and iPads keeps being their saving grace because everything else is just downright not worth it.

D

Deleted member 417

Because it runs 4k games at 120fps. Not to mention the other bels and whistles. Doing that over WiFi adds lag and that kills the experience

Reactions: FIREK2029