Apples AR/VR headset to be unveiled at WWDC23 Monday June 5th, 2023

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Just what I came here to say....

It is pathetic that Sony is porting games to Steam and they had nothing to show for it all... namely HLA at this stage.

I dunno what they expect their hardware to do when they are only half assing support.
It’s bizarre to say the least

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
So I see apple finally invented the VR headset. Incredible, always at the forefront of technology.
Compared to other headsets, it seems like they actually have invented it. Its 20x brighter than Psvr2

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Compared to other headsets, it seems like they actually have invented it. Its 20x brighter than Psvr2
You mean the headset thts rumored to be like $1,000 plus and definitely not for the home market? I mean there are other VR headsets out there tht are expensive and have diff tricks amd more advanced tech but it means shit of it isnt in the same market and out of reach of the avg person.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You mean the headset thts rumored to be like $1,000 plus and definitely not for the home market? I mean there are other VR headsets out there tht are expensive and have diff tricks amd more advanced tech but it means shit of it isnt in the same market and out of reach of the avg person.
Pretty sure the apple AR/VR headset is supposed to be $3000

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Pretty sure the apple AR/VR headset is supposed to be $3000
Even worse but yeah expensive. I saw 1,000 being rumored in a recent article but I also remember hearing above that $2,500-$3,000.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
The VR is intended for developers. It’s not really meant for consumers. $3k for developer purposes isn’t a lot.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
D

Deleted member 417

Inb4 a deluge of threads hit the internet telling everyone why the Apple VR; with no games, no pc support and a cable, is totally better than every other headset, including PSVR2, even though it costs £2999 for the 32GB version and £3999 for the 512GB version.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I wasn't aware that releasing a product with different features at probably a much higher price point is inventing stuff. Damn, gonna build a solid wheel made of titanium and claim I invented the wheel! Thanks pal

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
I wasn't aware that releasing a product with different features at probably a much higher price point is inventing stuff. Damn, gonna build a solid wheel made of titanium and claim I invented the wheel! Thanks pal

I mean, it makes other headsets look like NES compared to a modern gaming PC.

And it apparently has many revolutionary features for VR, none of which are present in current VRs. So yes, a lot of innovation if the rumors are true.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They have my curiosity but it all sounds terrible on paper. Apple is also so bad at developing or supporting more complex games.

AR sounds so boring, will probably translate into your vision being ruined by adds so that you can make use of terrible software.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
They have my curiosity but it all sounds terrible on paper. Apple is also so bad at developing or supporting more complex games.

AR sounds so boring, will probably translate into your vision being ruined by adds so that you can make use of terrible software.
Apple doesn’t develop games… what are you talking about? How are they bad at something they don’t do?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Apple doesn’t develop games… what are you talking about? How are they bad at something they don’t do?
How are you good at something they don't do? Facebook also didn't develop game but had to start doing so when they went into VR.

Apple is one of the biggest gaming companies in the world because of iOS so they do have a massive role when it comes to supporting those games.

The support for games on Mac is trash and always has been and the quality of iOS game and the environment they created is also terrible. They also run their own game subscription service.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
How are you good at something they don't do? Facebook also didn't develop game but had to start doing so when they went into VR.

Apple is one of the biggest gaming companies in the world because of iOS so they do have a massive role when it comes to supporting those games.

The support for games on Mac is trash and always has been and the quality of iOS game and the environment they created is also terrible. They also run their own game subscription service.
They will do the same thing as they do with iOS, like you said. Let others develop for it. What do they have to do to “support” games made by other companies? I’m confused by what you’re asking. Apple won’t be developing games, they’re developing the OS. As they’ve always done.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I mean, it makes other headsets look like NES compared to a modern gaming PC.

And it apparently has many revolutionary features for VR, none of which are present in current VRs. So yes, a lot of innovation if the rumors are true.

None of that goes against what I said. Learn how to read.