April NPD (Circana): PS5 #1 in dollar sales, switch #1 in units

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just checked Best Buy. It's available to get out here, 499 sku. Took a screenshot to prove it if anyone cares.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
As the last several months have shown, multiplatform games are pretty much PS5 exclusives thanks to Sony's excellent marketing and sales splits. Though a MGS3 remake isn't a system seller either way.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
How many times does it need to be drilled into your head that the Forza bundle is not indicative of Series X demand?

Also you can't gaslight me. My position has ALWAYS been the $499 X is what needs to be stocked because it was sold out. You people kept going on and on about "the bundle!" like it mattered. It didn't, the primary SKU is what is desired, not some over priced forced bundle.

I accept your concession that you're incapable of rational thought when you say the $499 SKU is an isolated SKU. It's the MAIN SKU.

The denial and cope is hard. You people have it out for me for no reason and got decimated with actual evidence, something none of you are capable of providing without getting refuted.

The ebay point is 1000% correct. No one buys consoles from there. Did you not read the Mat tweet where more than half of purchases are from brick and mortar? And if you've been around the block for awhile, you would know that the 5 major retailers make up over 90% of the market. That's just basic knowledge.

Awfully convenient you also refuse to acknowledge Mat agreeing with me that Series X is hard to find. Nice demand problem there, too much demand and too little supply results in hard to find products. Shocking. Go read a book about that.

Hahahahaha you are actually dumb as fuck

Both GameStop screenshots say OUT OF STOCK HAHAHAHAHAHA

Walmart is a third party seller, so is Amazon for the bundle.

Why don't you check the Target store and see how many units are there. You can do that on the website by clicking the item and then check more stores.

Actual waste of my time, but thanks for the entertainment.

Oh my god he says they can bought and shows me two screenshots that say out of stock. Incredible. I can't wait to see how that's spun into not looking like a stupid decision.
You don't want to be on this site do you.

Few things, you can get the normal Xbox just fine out here. It's not stock limited.

Second, you're not understanding the point that if demand outstripped supply the Forza bundles wouldn't actually be sitting on shelves. A ~10% premium on an in demand product is an easy sell. Especially if it comes with a game that the fanbase thinks people would want. ;-) Are you saying that the combo of Xbox and FH 5 is not desirable? Think about that statement for a bit.

Sorry man, you are just wrong here. About pretty much everything.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Just checked Best Buy. It's available to get out here, 499 sku. Took a screenshot to prove it if anyone cares.
I don't think material evidence or logic will sway this dude. Every time a standard of evidence is met he tries to spin it or move goalposts. At this point it's a lost cause, he'll just keep getting triggered and namecalling people. I have no idea why the hell he can't accept that if there's actual demand for an item they'll pay a higher price for it. It's like if 8 families are all making offers on a house and because the seller wants buyers to pay for an inspection all 8 families pull their bids. Is that really demand? In a hot property market people are offering 50k over asking in cash, no inspections required.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@Welfare I wonder why a Series X bundle has issue to sell while PS5 bundles at $800 was sold out in minutes?

BTW Series X is still avaiable on BestBuy to anybody that go there pick one... I checked again because you said it got sold out fast so I'm waiting 🤷‍♂️

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You don't want to be on this site do you.

Few things, you can get the normal Xbox just fine out here. It's not stock limited.

Second, you're not understanding the point that if demand outstripped supply the Forza bundles wouldn't actually be sitting on shelves. A ~10% premium on an in demand product is an easy sell. Especially if it comes with a game that the fanbase thinks people would want. ;-) Are you saying that the combo of Xbox and FH 5 is not desirable? Think about that statement for a bit.

Sorry man, you are just wrong here. About pretty much everything.
Doesn't even matter if the game is undesirable. It doesn't make up the bulk of value in a bundle. If a consumer truly wanted an out of stock product consistently, they would pay a 10% premium for the base alone, valuing Forza at 0. Everything still checks out.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Doesn't even matter if the game is undesirable. It doesn't make up the bulk of value in a bundle. If a consumer truly wanted an out of stock product consistently, they would pay a 10% premium for the base alone, valuing Forza at 0. Everything still checks out.
Exactly. Ps5 raised its price by $50 for a big fat 0 extra bundled games and kept trucking along, actually breaking records with sales. But apparently because no one will pay an extra $50 for a forza bundle, that doesn't count as proof that there's less demand.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Maybe it sounded bitter, it wasn't meant like that.

We have 3 Switches in the house. Our first model (the OG) really had plastic around the vents and corners falling off it after a year.... it seems to be fixed on the new model more or less.

The statement about adult fans isn't meant to be an insult, they have lifelong dedicated fans.
This bozo its a troll, dont waste your time in him

Last edited:

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Man you people love me.

Be real, there isn't enough information from the NPD report to claim one thing over another definitively. We're assuming Switch is only 400K (could be higher), PS5 didn't fall >50% (it's possible, sales trend in the UK is not 1:1 with the US), and that Xbox takes the remainder of hardware revenue (since there is nothing to work with by NPD). Your cries of Xbox overestimation are baby like when GamingCJ didn't even say anything other than Xbox must fall in line with PS5 because it happened in the UK. Europe had Xbox up 19% in April, any of you going to argue Xbox sales are up YOY in NPD?

Also you people need to get your heads out of the sand regarding Series X shortages. You're living a deluded reality that has been proven wrong again and again.

Since coming back in stock at Amazon the Series X $499 sells on par with the PS5 $499. The Forza bundle was floundering in the 60-120 range for the past two months

The initial batch of Series X $499 stock sent to Walmart .com at the start of the month was selling on par with the PS5 $499 until the Series X sold out.

Series X $499 is still in low supply at GameStop and Target, and Best Buy still has it listed as a "High Demand Product". The Series X is supply constrained and as seen by Walmart and Amazon, the weak as fuck Forza bundle is not what people want. Look at the God of War bundle after it went back to $559. People aren't buying it in the huge numbers they were the past few months.
This is not era, you wont have four mods backing you

Reactions: Johnic

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Of course, 100%. That point is obvious to anyone who actually understands one of the most basic points of economics that they start to cover in the first week of an entry level course. Which is what makes this all the more hilarious. And the base console is available. It's all just such complete nonsense. The guy is literally screaming and shouting about nothing at all. The Xbox just isn't selling.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So demand constrained that when the $499 Series X comes it stock it shoots up to where the PS5 is at 🙄 when the Forza bundle never did 🙄🙄🙄

Series X is supply constrained. The Forza bundle is a waste of money that gets tossed to the side as soon as the $499 is available. Get over it.

Edit: Fucking incredible. The Series X is sold out at Amazon, only sold by 3rd parties lmao

FwnQf_kWcAInX53

Get owned, haters. This console can't stay in stock at all.
I also just checked Amazon. In stock via Amazon, normal delivery.

You're not getting it. If it was TRULY "supply constrained" and demand was higher than supply, those Forza bundles would sell no problem. You're not understanding the basics of a standard supply/demand graph. If demand outstrips supply, there are consumers who are willing to pay the higher price for the smaller available supply. That's why scalpers exist. The fact the Forza bundles are just sitting there means there is NO DEMAND.

It's literally high school level Econ. Hell, they could teach this in middle school easily and it would be understood.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I also just checked Amazon. In stock via Amazon, normal delivery.

You're not getting it. If it was TRULY "supply constrained" and demand was higher than supply, those Forza bundles would sell no problem. You're not understanding the basics of a standard supply/demand graph. If demand outstrips supply, there are consumers who are willing to pay the higher price for the smaller available supply. That's why scalpers exist. The fact the Forza bundles are just sitting there means there is NO DEMAND.

It's literally high school level Econ. Hell, they could teach this in middle school easily and it would be understood.
This Welfare guy should put his money where his mouth is and start making money by scalping Xbox Series consoles.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hi I hear you're thirsty. We're out of plain water but we do have water with a sticker on the bottle for just $1 more.

What's that? You'd rather die of thirst? Maybe you weren't that thirsty to begin with.

Water is an inelastic good, a console isn't. I get the demonstration, but not a good example.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Oh my god he says they can be bought and shows me two screenshots that say out of stock. Incredible. I can't wait to see how that's spun into not looking like a stupid decision.

Can be picked up "tomorrow". Damn you're fucking stupid.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Water is an inelastic good, a console isn't. I get the demonstration, but not a good example.
I know, but welfare's demonstrated no knowledge of economics at all, let alone price elasticity.
so tell me where a $60 difference, ~11%, results in 4x the sale
(Also lacks basic math skills. A discount of 60 from 660 is 9%.)

It's even more implausible that someone would reject an inelastic good because of a minor price increase.

The Xbox is priced like a luxury item but has a target userbase of cheapskates who gorge on Gamepass. It's a terrible combination.

Reactions: Nhomnhom