Argentina win the 2022 World Cup

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
After all, is said and done I think the world cup was a pretty decent one with some really excellent shocks and surprises in a lot of the games.

As an English person, i really did not want Argentina to win, i still remember that scumbag Maradona with the hand of the god all those years back, still makes my blood boil.

Saying that I do like Messi and I think it's fantastic that one of the greatest players of all time gets to lift that Trophy, so i am happy for him in that regard.

Saying that, after all the hype is done I hope we have an investigation into how this country was awarded the tournament.

And I hope that idiot who is in charge of Fifa gets fired/removed/forced out.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
After all, is said and done I think the world cup was a pretty decent one with some really excellent shocks and surprises in a lot of the games.

As an English person, i really did not want Argentina to win, i still remember that scumbag Maradona with the hand of the god all those years back, still makes my blood boil.

Saying that I do like Messi and I think it's fantastic that one of the greatest players of all time gets to lift that Trophy, so i am happy for him in that regard.

Saying that, after all the hype is done I hope we have an investigation into how this country was awarded the tournament.

And I hope that idiot who is in charge of Fifa gets fired/removed/forced out.
If I'm not wrong the country is choose based first in the location... the continents have to rotate the World Cup... so next one is in North Americas, and the next one Europe if I'm not wrong.

The choose of new World Cup place is made 7 years before the event... so in 2019 was voted the 2026 edition where the combined candidature of Canada, US and Mexico won.

Before that the countries that wants to have a World Cup submit a candidature... the candidature needs a reliable plan of how the event will be made... which constructions needs to be made... which enhancements in public and private transport will be made... where the money come... if it is public or private... I mean the country (or combined countries) needs to show a good project plan to made the World Cup happens.

After that it is voted (public since 2017) but the own countries participantes votes (all 211 since 2017... before it was only the 24 members from these 211 that where part of the comission).

The Catar and Russia was choose before 2017 and so have a lot of scandals of corruption.
But the chances won't change that to be fair... in fact it is more a political thing where countries can talk and influence the vote of others (and if there are money involved the chances to get exposed is very low unless one of the countries that received money chooses to make a denounce).

The 2022 edition had the candidates: Catar, Morocoo, Egypt, Libya-Tunisia Joint from the actual rotation region (Arab).
For backup plan you have the candidates South Korea (wanting to be first Asian country to have two Cups) and United States (they bid for almost all editions because well they have the infrastructure, money, etc).

Between these Arabic countries the best plan was indeed Catar... they have the more economical power and conditions to have a World Cup... the issues were more with heat (the Cup was changed to November instead the typical June) and the cultural differences (more related to political divergences like Woman rights, LGBTA+++++ rights, Drinking, etc.

To be fair I believe Catar suborned voters but even without that the chances to be the place was pretty big.

• they're_right_you_know
  • Informative
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If I'm not wrong the country is choose based first in the location... the continents have to rotate the World Cup... so next one is in North Americas, and the next one Europe if I'm not wrong.

The choose of new World Cup place is made 7 years before the event... so in 2019 was voted the 2026 edition where the combined candidature of Canada, US and Mexico won.

Before that the countries that wants to have a World Cup submit a candidature... the candidature needs a reliable plan of how the event will be made... which constructions needs to be made... which enhancements in public and private transport will be made... where the money come... if it is public or private... I mean the country (or combined countries) needs to show a good project plan to made the World Cup happens.

After that it is voted (public since 2017) but the own countries participantes votes (all 211 since 2017... before it was only the 24 members from these 211 that where part of the comission).

The Catar and Russia was choose before 2017 and so have a lot of scandals of corruption.
But the chances won't change that to be fair... in fact it is more a political thing where countries can talk and influence the vote of others (and if there are money involved the chances to get exposed is very low unless one of the countries that received money chooses to make a denounce).

The 2022 edition had the candidates: Catar, Morocoo, Egypt, Libya-Tunisia Joint from the actual rotation region (Arab).
For backup plan you have the candidates South Korea (wanting to be first Asian country to have two Cups) and United States (they bid for almost all editions because well they have the infrastructure, money, etc).

Between these Arabic countries the best plan was indeed Catar... they have the more economical power and conditions to have a World Cup... the issues were more with heat (the Cup was changed to November instead the typical June) and the cultural differences (more related to political divergences like Woman rights, LGBTA+++++ rights, Drinking, etc.

To be fair I believe Catar suborned voters but even without that the chances to be the place was pretty big.
If I recall correctly, Katar did not even have a single football stadium built when they voted to host the world cup.

It's simply staggering what must have gone on behind the scenes to get this voted in. Corruption, golden handshakes the lot.

Its rather sickening the way FIFA has been operating,

We had a massive cleanup with Sep Blater and co, but it still looks like we need more reform, alot more.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If I recall correctly, Katar did not even have a single football stadium built when they voted to host the world cup.

It's simply staggering what must have gone on behind the scenes to get this voted in. Corruption, golden handshakes the lot.

Its rather sickening the way FIFA has been operating,

We had a massive cleanup with Sep Blater and co, but it still looks like we need more reform, alot more.
Yeap but they have $$$$ to build all them… the issue should be not having the $$$$ (public or private).

United States didn’t have any normal football stadiums but they were economic able to host a World Cup and build them or adapt Baseball or American Football stadiums.

Said that maybe should have better ways to fund corruption of blackmails… FIFA was never clean of them… the issue you needs a denouncement with docs as proof from any of the involved.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
As an American, I'm impressed we made it as far as we did. Congratulations to Argentina. I don't follow the word cup super closely, but I did know that this was Messi's last shot.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75