Austrian court says FIFA packs constitute gambling, orders PlayStation refunds

D

Deleted member 417

I assume the second picture is how you think you are, but they first one may be more accurate because seems you have no idea what are you talking about.

This you?

In terms of psychology of earning a random reward in a videogame (to pay an open a loot box, to open a free loot box, to break a Super Mario loot box during gameplay or possibly getting loot after killing an enemy) doesn't cause any issues at all.
Tell me you know nothing about psychology and how people work...
The psychological implications of earning real money are totally different to earning non-real money rewards
...without telling me you know nothing about psychology and how people work
It's weird that for some reason recently there has been a handful courts or regulations calling these games gambing when they are not gambling and there isn't a singe decent study that proves they cause ludopathy or that they have the same effect than gambling
That is weird that a multi-billion $ profit industry has no regulations against it. Almost as weird as when we were told by tobacco-funded media and studies that smoking was good for us.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This you?

That is weird that a multi-billion $ profit industry has no regulations against it. Almost as weird as when we were told by tobacco-funded media and studies that smoking was good for us.

Yurinka is our resident psychiatrist, market analyst, game developer, roadmap planner, anti-leaker, occasional bingo player.

Tough shit they suck at all those things (still undecided on the bingo), but hey, at least they have the repertoire to act as the authority on them!

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I am torn between two responses:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

and

insanely-idiotic-things-ive-ever-heard.gif
You guys are both in Spain you should meet 😁

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I don't need to be psychology to know the basic of game design, rewards and what activates engagement, retention or monetization, where the lilmits are in ethics and regulations, what related papers say it and how to differentiate proper methodology etc. in papers.

It has strict regulations, you simply have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Yurinka is our resident psychiatrist, market analyst, game developer, roadmap planner, anti-leaker, occasional bingo player.

Tough shit they suck at all those things (still undecided on the bingo), but hey, at least they have the repertoire to act as the authority on them!
Having people of your level here, by comparision it's easy to sound as an authority in anything decent.

D

Deleted member 417

I don't need to be psychology to know the basic of game design, rewards and what activates engagement, retention or monetization, where the lilmits are in ethics and regulations, what related papers say it and how to differentiate proper methodology etc. in papers.
You don't need to be psychology to know the basics of game design. You do need to be psychology to understand psychology.
It has strict regulations, you simply have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
lol. Regulation so strict that kids can spend $1000's on useless, digital items. Regulation so strict that gambling is legal for minors. Regulations so strict that digital MTX and Lootboxes on phones, consoles and PC make more money than the actual games.

D

Deleted member 417

The NHS in the UK recognises gaming as an addition.