TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
The Ayaneo Air is a handheld PC, just like the Valve machine - but it runs on Windows, not SteamOS.
It has the Switch Lite-like portable form factor that the Deck does not while display-wise,
its 1080p OLED display knocks the spots off Steam Deck's mediocre LCD. But what about power and performance... and battery life?
Rich tests both Ryzen 5 5560U and Ryzen 7 5825U processors, benches them against each other and Steam Deck and has much to say.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Time for a PSP2 to be announced and wipe all of these trivial attempts out.

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

• fire
Reactions: ksdixon and AniWeeb

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's been announced and released by Valve. It's called the Steam Deck.
And it's a fully open console, more so than even a jailbroken PSP or Vita.
Fully open, but shipped with an OS tied to a single storefront and running their custom operating system, with most software underperformant or requiring tinkering to run adequately.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Fully open, but shipped with an OS tied to a single storefront and running their custom operating system, with most software underperformant or requiring tinkering to run adequately.

So.... should it be PSP2 or Vita2?

Or have you thought of a new name?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Shipped with an OS but you can even install other Linux distributions or Windows in it. Compared to a PSP or a Vita, it's infinitely more open, since those required jailbreak.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Shipped with an OS but you can even install other Linux distributions or Windows in it. Compared to a PSP or a Vita, it's infinitely more open, since those required jailbreak.
"Required"? No. They worked as intended at purchase, and games for them worked without any jailbreaking or tinkering.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
"Required"? No. They worked as intended at purchase, and games for them worked without any jailbreaking or tinkering.

And the steam deck works as intended at purchase - It runs PC games and has the bonus of running emulators. It's a much more open system than the PS portables, it's not even a contest.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
And the steam deck works as intended at purchase - It runs PC games and has the bonus of running emulators. It's a much more open system than the PS portables, it's not even a contest.
So?

"Openness" was never a selling point for Sony or Nintendo handhelds, so the comparison on that front is just plain stupid and disingenuous.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So?

"Openness" was never a selling point for Sony or Nintendo handhelds, so the comparison on that front is just plain stupid and disingenuous.

Sure, but the point was that Sony announcing a PSVita 2 or whatever is kind of not needed when you have a system thats quite capable, competitive, can play (some) PS games and is open to boot. I think that was the point.
And I'd love a new playstation handheld.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's been announced and released by Valve. It's called the Steam Deck.
And it's a fully open console, more so than even a jailbroken PSP or Vita.
Well I still prefer to play my Vita than that monstrosity…

PSP3 won’t happen but it should a must to buy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.