TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

The complete tech breakdown of Infinity Ward's much-awaited follow-up. Sporting an upgraded IW 9 engine, all consoles get a strong workout in the new campaign mode - with the Amsterdam stage being a big highlight. In fact we loved it so much we put together a comparison with real world footage - as kindly provided by Melih Korkmaz (@korkmazmelih). And beyond that? Tom covers the highs and lows in 120Hz performance on PS5, Series X and S.​

• Informative
Reactions: AniWeeb

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
  • PS5 and Series X look the same
  • Series S is a bit dialed down but still impressive
  • There's an FPS drop in one particular section on the Series X that doesn't always occur
  • PS5 is fully Vsync'd, Series X isn't
  • Series S struggles to keep 60fps in some sections
  • 120fps mode favours Series X, but there are places where the PS5 is above. Overall, both stay between 80 and 120fps
  • Series S struggles to go above 70fps.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
What?

Even though Digital Fakery obviously lean Green, I trust them way more than those channels.
I don't and I have played both versions.

Maybe @NXGamer can do a comparison.

What nobody is talking about is the superior audio in the PS5 version.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
What?

Even though Digital Fakery obviously lean Green, I trust them way more than those channels.
VGtech is uncontested when it comes to accurate data from like to like gameplay. Lots of times Df's gameplay is not even synced across consoles, makes the comparisons useless, since they simply make their own biased deductions by showing where it performs better on the console they prefer.

Funny, in DF's video they mostly show parts where XBOX has the lead and say it's usually 5fps better on XBOX. Yet, in 60fps mode PS never dips, also PS is fully vsynced which means another 3-5fps overhead can be attributed to PS due to vsync. Still, the average and stats should be interesting. DF used to hate tearing in the PS3 days, since XBOX One, not so much, since PS had something of a requirement to have the games vsynced for the most part.......

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
VGtech is uncontested when it comes to accurate data from like to like gameplay. Lots of times Df's gameplay is not even synced across consoles, makes the comparisons useless, since they simply make their own biased deductions by showing where it performs better on the console they prefer.

Funny, in DF's video they mostly show parts where XBOX has the lead and say it's usually 5fps better on XBOX. Yet, in 60fps mode PS never dips, also PS is fully vsynced which means another 3-5fps overhead can be attributed to PS due to vsync. Still, the average and stats should be interesting. DF used to hate tearing in the PS3 days, since XBOX One, not so much, since PS had something of a requirement to have the games vsynced for the most part.......

I see. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.