Cory Barlog Tweets about hypothetical Mandalorian Game

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like just speculation from him.

Even today I ask myself how a character with like 5s of screen time become so iconic in Star Wars.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
The last Star Wars game I ever loved was one of the FPS from the 90s (the sequel to the 1st, can't recall their names, Dark Forces or something?)

Those games really captured being someone taking on "the Empire" against enormous odds.

Most other games just turn into some sort of power fantasy thing.. and I'm kind of sick of those kinds of games.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I love Cory, 100% agree what he said.

Jimbo should ask Cerny to make a cloning machine to have 20 Corys working on 20 games at the same time.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I would genuinely love a game like this....

With a huge sidequest to get the dark blade, quests for beskar and the choice of what to use it for.

Different weapons and quests to get them, like the disintegration rifle.

Upgrading the ship with armor and weapons. Lets do it!

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022

With a huge sidequest to get the dark blade, quests for beskar and the choice of what to use it for.

Massive potential, I can imagine a scenario where you have gone to collect a bounty, its gone wrong but you still got the bounty and have to try get back to your ship with what little you have left.
The bounty itself just barely covers your refit and damage to your existing set up...

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
He's daydreaming about a great game, but I can see such a concept easily getting ruined by GaaS garbage.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Man if SSM or ND ever did a 1P Star Wars game then shietttttttttt

Natural Glow Reaction GIF

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Would prefer it stay hypothetical for Barlog. Last thing I would like to see is Sony putting more internal studios to work on Disney stuff. Wolverine is enough.

D

Deleted member 13

Reaction Yes GIF by Paper Triangles

P

peter42O

Yes!!! Completely agree. I wouldn't be surprised if Barlog's game is a Mandalorian game which im all in with.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes!!! Completely agree. I wouldn't be surprised if Barlog's game is a Mandalorian game which im all in with.

I had heard his game was Sci-fi from his older tweets. Imagine if he was writing a story for his own, but was presented with an opportunity to make a mandalorian game?
Remember Disney has been pro-active since the non-exclusivity deal or whatever with EA has expired. EA still has a contract for games, but its been open since a while ago.

Knowing how internally Disney knows how big Mandalorian is as a property to their wheel house, they would only shop that shit around to the top talent. And we know with the relationship Sony has with Disney/Marvel for Spiderman/Wolverine. They would be stupid not to mention this to the other divisions looking to make starwars games.
I'm not saying barlog is making a Mandalorian game. But the odds of Disney looking at where Spiderman 2 is and being beyond impressed to me sends messages, hence why I think Sony got the deal for Knights of the old republic. They are overseeing it and helped course correct with different studio.

I honestly believe we have not seen the last of licensed games from Playstation. I think we will see more. And soon.

P

peter42O

I had heard his game was Sci-fi from his older tweets. Imagine if he was writing a story for his own, but was presented with an opportunity to make a mandalorian game?
Remember Disney has been pro-active since the non-exclusivity deal or whatever with EA has expired. EA still has a contract for games, but its been open since a while ago.

Knowing how internally Disney knows how big Mandalorian is as a property to their wheel house, they would only shop that shit around to the top talent. And we know with the relationship Sony has with Disney/Marvel for Spiderman/Wolverine. They would be stupid not to mention this to the other divisions looking to make starwars games.
I'm not saying barlog is making a Mandalorian game. But the odds of Disney looking at where Spiderman 2 is and being beyond impressed to me sends messages, hence why I think Sony got the deal for Knights of the old republic. They are overseeing it and helped course correct with different studio.

I honestly believe we have not seen the last of licensed games from Playstation. I think we will see more. And soon.

Agreed. Sony does seem to go after licensed games where as Microsoft doesn't. They're definitely going after more licenses. The rumored game for Bend Studio is a Men In Black game which wouldn't surprise me at all. We'll definitely see more. I'm personally hoping for an X-Men game but if that doesn't happen, at least im getting Wolverine which is my favorite character anyway. Hoping they get Hugh Jackman for the game but I doubt that will happen.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Agreed. Sony does seem to go after licensed games where as Microsoft doesn't. They're definitely going after more licenses. The rumored game for Bend Studio is a Men In Black game which wouldn't surprise me at all. We'll definitely see more. I'm personally hoping for an X-Men game but if that doesn't happen, at least im getting Wolverine which is my favorite character anyway. Hoping they get Hugh Jackman for the game but I doubt that will happen.

I am hoping that the rumors of a online game being an Xmen game are true. Unless the online game is a shooter of sorts? But it makes no sense to just do a Wolverine game, and then not have it lead to an X-men/Mass Effect style game with online co-op/Multiplayer.