Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Cyberpunk 2077 Is Getting a Game of the Year Edition - IGN

cyberpunk-2077-game-of-the-year-edition-scaled-e1670012903149.jpg

CD Projekt Red has revealed that Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a Game of the Year edition once its Phantom Liberty expansion is released in 2023.

As reported by Polish website Stockwatch (and spotted by Insider Gaming), CD Projekt Red president and joint-CEO Adam Kiciński said during a recent investors conference that Cyberpunk 2077 will follow in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's footsteps and receive the new edition that includes all previously released DLC in one package.

"It's the natural order of things," he said. "It was the same with the Witcher, which, after both expansions, was finally released as a Game of the Year edition and has been on the market that way every since. The same can be expected in thi

• haha
Reactions: Nym

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They could have called it 'complete edition' or something.... I think calling it 'GOTY edition' might bring criticism from many corners.

Reactions: Kokoloko
P

peter42O

The one game that's in my backlog. Will finally play it when the expansion gets closer so I can just go from the base game to the expansion.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Every CD Project game gets a Game of the year edition. They always launch with the most bugs, absolute dreck performance, bad cameras and unfulfilled promises in gameplay or graphics. It always takes years for them to fix too...Still media darlings however...

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
A game that absolutely does not deserve one single GOTY award is getting a GOTY edition :ROFLMAO:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PlacidusaX

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Content and features are one and the same. If I ship a game without key features, I'm shipping a game with less content than promised.
So hanging on the wall feature = 10h story dlc with new area, enemies, guns and etc.? That was content basically is..
At least for me.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Still mad they announced a sequel already instead of just building on the game.

To be honest tho… I feel like they only announced the sequel, its inexperienced rookie North American dev house which is undoubtedly I’ll-equipped to make it, and all those other projects… just to boost their value for future acquisition and scam their buyer.

I somewhat think Witcher 3 was a fluke. And I kinda liked cyberpunk? I dunno man… it’s just another Bethesda-like JANKrpg. They got too big after Witcher 3’s success. I’m just skeptical from here on out.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So hanging on the wall feature = 10h story dlc with new area, enemies, guns and etc.? That was content basically is..
At least for me.

If you announce features that you don't deliver, you're not delivering all of the promised content.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Still mad they announced a sequel already instead of just building on the game.

To be honest tho… I feel like they only announced the sequel, its inexperienced rookie North American dev house which is undoubtedly I’ll-equipped to make it, and all those other projects… just to boost their value for future acquisition and scam their buyer.

I somewhat think Witcher 3 was a fluke. And I kinda liked cyberpunk? I dunno man… it’s just another Bethesda-like JANKrpg. They got too big after Witcher 3’s success. I’m just skeptical from here on out.
Witcher 2 was really good too. Never played first but they remaking it, so I will get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.