Death Stranding is coming to PC Game Pass. The official announcement is tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Update:

Xbox's official PC Game Pass Twitter account may be teasing the arrival of Death Stranding on PC Game Pass.

Earlier today, the account changed its profile picture to a foggy landscape featuring grassy hills and rocks. After changing the photo, the account posted, saying, "sometimes we just like a good landscape picture #NewProfilePic".

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Kojima is starting his new job as a GP ambassador like a cheap ho.
en vogue GIF

resting bitch face happen GIF

P

peter42O

But The Green Rats fucking HATE "cinematic games and " Walking Simulators".
Not every green rat hates cinematic walking simulator type games. I love Tsushima, God of War, Horizon (both), Days Gone, TLOU, Uncharted, Ratchet, etc. These games are definitely cinematic but not walking simulators even though in general, technically applies to every game.

As for Death Stranding coming to PC Game Pass, while 505 is the publisher, I would think that Sony owns the IP unless they don't and Kojima owns or that there's simply no clause from preventing it to go on PC GP.

Reactions: Lord Mittens

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Not every green rat hates cinematic walking simulator type games. I love Tsushima, God of War, Horizon (both), Days Gone, TLOU, Uncharted, Ratchet, etc. These games are definitely cinematic but not walking simulators even though in general, technically applies to every game.

As for Death Stranding coming to PC Game Pass, while 505 is the publisher, I would think that Sony owns the IP unless they don't and Kojima owns or that there's simply no clause from preventing it to go on PC GP.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's weird then. Of course, there's always the chance that Kojima acquired the IP from Sony. Either way, it's weird and funny at the same time.
Although we aren't privy of what's actually in the contract, apparently it is the publisher who makes decisions like these. And Sony did not publish Death Stranding on PC.

MLB was the publisher on PC and Xbox, so they made the decision for the game to come on PC and Xbox Gamepass.

Sony isn't the publisher in both these cases and may not have any say in the matter.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Awesome for those who haven't played it. Haters gonna hate. Play games, be happy.

P

peter42O

Although we aren't privy of what's actually in the contract, apparently it is the publisher who makes decisions like these. And Sony did not publish Death Stranding on PC.

MLB was the publisher on PC and Xbox, so they made the decision for the game to come on PC and Xbox Gamepass.

Sony isn't the publisher in both these cases and may not have any say in the matter.
In this situation and like with MLB, I believe that Sony doesn't have a clause in the contract that prevents the game from going on PC Game Pass and as such, if they can't overrule that despite owning the IP, then like with with MLB, it's an oversight by Sony's lawyers when agreeing to the contracts.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I doubt 505 would put the game on gamepass pc against sonys wishes, sounds like creating an unnecessary enemy with a platform holder. Odds are if sony didn’t want it they would block it just like they did with the GeForce streaming of it on xbox.

Unlike MLB, Sony owns Death Stranding and have final say in what happens to it. Having publishing rights doesnt overrule the IP holder

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
In this situation and like with MLB, I believe that Sony doesn't have a clause in the contract that prevents the game from going on PC Game Pass and as such, if they can't overrule that despite owning the IP, then like with with MLB, it's an oversight by Sony's lawyers when agreeing to the contracts.
May be, but not necessarily.

It could be the publisher's right to do with the games they publish -- regardless of who owns the IP. In this case, 505 gets to make that decision.

Either way, this seems like a very temporary problem (if any) for Sony. Because when Death Stranding was released, Sony wasn't publishing games on PC. Now they do, so this isn't going to be any problem for any of the more recent games.

Reactions: peter42O
Status
Not open for further replies.