Destiny 2 - Official Thread

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Since playlist activities award risen energy I find focusing risen umbrals for armor to be the best option right now.

I often get spiky stat spreads favoring discipline and resilience for my titan.

Do we know if Echo of Undermining (void grenades weaken targets) work in pvp? It’s -20 on grenade energy and I’m still pretty close to 100 even with that equipped (suppressing grenade spam build).
Equipping specific mods for a certain stat or other on your ghost, will also help with focussing the armor, not just regular drops.

And the spikes are like that because we have six stats; mobility, resilience, recovery, discipline, intellect and strength, in this order. So these six stats are "split" in two when you get an armor piece, the first three, and then second group of three. You said you get spikes in discipline and resilience, each of these two stats belong to one of those two groups of stats. Discipline is in the second group of the three stats, resilience in the first three.

So if you equip an armor finder mod on your ghost, and you want to "force" a response in the stats, you will equip let's say resilience on titan's ghost, and the next stat besides the resilience will be a spike in a stat that belongs to the second group, made out of discipline, intellect, and strength.

Umbral energy isn't hard to come by especially with Visage of the Reaper armor pieces, so focussing umbrals is the best bet.

No idea about the PVP though, but I found this, it might help you:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sircaw

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Oh I’m quite familiar with focusing high stat armor rolls.

I used to have resilience armorer slotted on my ghost. Now I have grenade slotted to nuke intellect and strength into the ground on my Titan.

I keep both resilience and grenade at 100 even with some fragments draining those stats in particular.

It helps that the new super timers kinda pushed me to now use Titan bubble after years of middle tree sentinel.

On a side note, finally completed crafting all raid weapons today. Can finally move onto playing the dungeon. I got lucky with a vorpal stormchaser drop on my first run but now I’m ready to hit it a bit more seriously.

I really hope King’s Fall has craftable weapons when it drops next season. Vow is the most I’ve ran any raid in 8 years of playing this game… knowing I will eventually get my gods rolls guaranteed is the best replayability hook for endgame yet.

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I just want to say that current weapons sandbox is almost the best it has been.

To be fair, my favorite was the handcanon and sniper meta of forsaken but that was also exclusively the meta for a year straight with little deviation necessary.

Now it’s far more flexible. Be it building into it or just overall health of balance.

I don’t play shotguns. Sniper main; either Eye of Sol or Occluded Finality. Primary weapon is determined by map size mostly.

6s suck. It shouldn’t be the default mode. It’s too fast and chaotic to be a casual playlist since it’s the sweatiest. With that said, a good sidearm or smg tears it up.

Sidearms and smgs also work well in 3s but mostly tight spaced maps like those on the Moon.

Otherwise I still roll handcanon and those 140s right now would be Cantata or Austringer. And yes even 120s are still excellent. I often use Bottom Dollar in trials. I may have god rolled true prophecy and iron banner 120s but this Eye of the Storm surplus Bottom dollar I use has more range and stability than both. And because of that it’s the best performer it seems in this new flinch meta.

Yes stability. Unflinching mods, 100 resilience and as high stability on weapons unless it sacrifices accuracy too much.

Yea yea air accuracy debate … well for starters fuck hunters and warlocks with their aerial cheesy bullshit… but yea it needs work to allow players to build into it in a noticeable way.

OTHERWISE… DO NOT SLEEP on hip fire grip mods or perks. Do not! You will be surprised. I don’t think most players are aware that all the buffs it’s received over time that it’s s tier right now. If a weapon has perpetual motion, particularly semi auto weapons… when the encounter seems too close for optimal range … play hip fire. It’s the way. Excellent on smgs.

Air Assault perk needs a rework. I say build it into hipfire grip by default and retire it on mid to short range weapons altogether …. For long range weapons rework the perk so warlocks can do their aerial sniping cheesy bullshit

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022

Running this hunter build with primary Monte Carlo to get the knives back very quick, while running Assassin's Cowl for that invisibility. Works really well.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I have to admit … that it’s very satisfying to know that D2 has obliterated Halo since the anniversary drop. And Halo eventually becoming what it is now… the biggest flop of the generation.

O for 3 is a hack cover band.

Suck it bitches

• fire

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I have to admit … that it’s very satisfying to know that D2 has obliterated Halo since the anniversary drop. And Halo eventually becoming what it is now… the biggest flop of the generation.

O for 3 is a hack cover band.

Suck it bitches
free flop :D

• haha

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
With the forum opening, I feel like I'm neglecting my duties as a Guardian.... Don't look at me Zavala! Don't look at me!

I can feel you judging me!

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 38
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
The thing that starts to rub me the wrong way is Bungie's way of "pay 20 bucks for this and you will get a shiny weapon and its catalyst". And they start to lean on this pretty heavily.

• brain