DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Not an actual analysis so making anew thread.
Discussion about if TLOU really needed another remaster.

Very intersecting opinions and even metaphors.

They remembered a point that I forget… for newcomers the PS4 version is free so it doesn’t hit newcomers too… so what crowed Sony was thinking when give green light to this new version?

IMO I can only think in making it thinking already in the PC release that is where I see reason for it exists.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not an actual analysis so making anew thread.
Discussion about if TLOU really needed another remaster.

Very intersecting opinions and even metaphors.

They remembered a point that I forget… for newcomers the PS4 version is free so it doesn’t hit newcomers too… so what crowed Sony was thinking when give green light to this new version?

IMO I can only think in making it thinking already in the PC release that is where I see reason for it exists.
I will watch the video later, but I do think the remake is a good thing in the general scheme of things.

Everyone knows the last of us, it's like the flagship title for sony.

In the past, every time they mentioned the game, it was the remaster being shown, it does not look good compared with other modern-day titles, graphics-wise of course.

Now they can 100% with total confidence show it without people saying how dated it looks or something along those lines.

As for the PC part, i think you are 100% right, Pc edition, the complete series, own both games for the low price of 79,99.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The upcoming HBO show is the main reason they kept this project going.

The show will be popular; it'll likely be reviewed well too. That'll bring a new wave of fans and first-time casual gamers. Sony doesn't want them to play an 8-year old game they released in 2014.

That's not the first impression Sony wants them to have.

Also, the latest console is PS5; the game is for PS4. That's not the best-case scenario for new, first-time, casual gamers. That's why they remade it as a PS5 exclusive.

P.S. The real reason, however, is that Michael Mumbauer had started this project years ago because he wanted his team to be co-devs, instead of just the visual arts support guys. Sony doesn't reject many ideas, so they green-lit it. It was later moved to ND by Hermen because Michael's team was way off budget.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Not for me

Its a 2013 game ffs

The remaster on ps4 also great

I want legend of dragoon remake

Reactions: Kokoloko

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Anybody saying it doesn't need a remake should experience this game. I tried playing OG after PT II and it just felt wrong. This feels right. And it's not just the graphics, it's everything, including gameplay.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I couldn't be less interested in a remake of this game, and I was a fan of the first one

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I would of been way more excited for a PS6 Remake. Or they should of added this to Factions 2

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
The price tag is the issue
$70 has been an issue all gen thus far. Having Part 1 release at this price compounded the issue. People say it should have instead been released at $50, which would be $40 last gen, which is probably too little for the level of remake this is.

It seems that whether one has an issue with the price tag is predicated on whether they find the new $70 base price tolerable or not. I don't like it, but I'll spend it for Sony first party more often than not.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
$70 has been an issue all gen thus far. Having Part 1 release at this price compounded the issue. People say it should have instead been released at $50, which would be $40 last gen, which is probably too little for the level of remake this is.

It seems that whether one has an issue with the price tag is predicated on whether they find the new $70 base price tolerable or not. I don't like it, but I'll spend it for Sony first party more often than not.

As someone who has already double dipped on the game and beaten it on PS3 and PS4 it's a big issue for me, but then I haven't spent 70 on ANY game yet, so I guess you may have a point lol

D

Deleted member 13

I will double dip since it's been years since I played the original. I look forward to going back into the world when the PC version releases.

Reactions: EDMIX

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
No it doesn't.

By this time Yosp gave us Bloodborne, an absolute masterpiece.

While hermen and Jim keep pooping those useless remakes and PC porting.

Reactions: Yossarian
D

Deleted member 13

No it doesn't.

By this time Yosp gave us Bloodborne, an absolute masterpiece.

While hermen and Jim keep pooping those useless remakes and PC porting.
How is PC porting a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.