Diablo IV | PS5 - Xbox Series S/X - PC | Graphics Comparison

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I have had no issues playing the sorc on the second world difficulty, there are 2 more difficulties above that you can not access as i think you need to finish certain later acts or objectives.

Played with the rogue, and only got to level 10, it's much more challenging and easier to die on that class, probably need better gear.

You do need to be aware of you cooldowns and will need to have defensive cooldowns to survive some encounters, overall it feels very balanced to me.
3rd and 4th difficulties ask for higher player level, 3rd from 50 and 4th from 70+

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
It's extremely good, i will say this game seems more orientated to a casual fan base player rather than say d2 or path of exile hardcore type of player.

I have played the sorc now to level 24 and the combat feels absolutely fantastic, the skills for the sorc are exceptional and using them just feels incredible

There is so much to do, almost too much, quests everywhere, lore to listen to, side content, and events all over the place, map is gigantic.

The only issue i have, is loot is too easy to get, i am already basically decked out in legendaries, and although legendaries are not the best items you get, those would be unique's which is another tier higher.

I do however think some of the itemization blows, they are using a power score rating system, the more powerful items you equip the more damage you basically do.

There is some nuance to that of course as you can have very good rare items with stats you like being better than legendaries, You can also disenchant a legendary item and transfer that particular unique spell skill/ability to that rare and in the process turn that rare item into a legendary item. (it's not as complicated as i am making it sound)

At present, i would give this game a solid 9/10 and for more casual gamers this is 100% a 10/10.

If you have friends and family that dont care to much about theory crafting or looking at spread sheets, and just wanna have mindless fun, this is it.

Possible game of the year for sure.

@Gediminas, that big man slut has a barb at level 25, has played none stop for two days and is in a coma as we speak, if melee is more your thing he would be a good person to ask on how that feels.

I lost my sorc last night. Played on hardcore just for the lolz
Going to play my rogue instead on the standard mode, great fun!

• Shake
Reactions: peter42O and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I lost my sorc last night. Played on hardcore just for the lolz
Going to play my rogue instead on the standard mode, great fun!
you mad man, err mad cat lol.

What level was the sorc

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Has anyone played the Beta who's NOT subscribed to Gold/Plus? I want to know if the game can be played without either like I did Division 1 & 2 and Outriders since I have no interest in co-op and/or multi-player of any kind. Thanks.

Saw that video last night. Looks great across the board. Even last generation consoles seem pretty well optimized with a near locked 30FPS consistently. Not surprised though. While the game is massive, it is isometric with a fixed camera and thus, draw distance, etc. so should be easier to maintain a locked 30FPS/60FPS throughout.
Note: A Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus subscription will not be required to play Diablo IV during the Open Beta and Early Access weekends in most regions. In Germany, a PlayStation Plus subscription will be required due to ratings requirements. Once Diablo IV launches, a Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus subscription will be required to access some of the game’s multiplayer features.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Well i caved in last night and got the game to play the beta with @Sircaw and i can agree with @Sircaw
I have been pretty impressed by the performance on the ps5.

The game looks and runs excellently.
I have had a lot of very noticeable lag but that's to be expected.

At stages, i have had these invisible walls that just run into, like the area is not loading, etc.

For a Beta the polish its very good, hope the other zones are just as good.

Runs nice and looks great on the PS5, other than I have ran into the random "lag" but its more as if the area you are heading to is still loading and it slows you down or just stops you in your tracks for a second or two, then goes back to running smoothly.

Reactions: AniWeeb and Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well i caved in last night and got the game to play the beta with @Sircaw and i can agree with @Sircaw

Runs nice and looks great on the PS5, other than I have ran into the random "lag" but its more as if the area you are heading to is still loading and it slows you down or just stops you in your tracks for a second or two, then goes back to running smoothly.
Yeah, happens all the time. But it shouldn't be an issue for PS5. Loadings takes too long too.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Never playing with Tubz ever again, he stole all my loot, got me killed 5 times and called my character fat.

@Gediminas i hope to team up with your carcass in next weekend's open beta.

@Exanthus, you dirty furball, are you playing on xbox, maybe we can try the cross-play out next weekend with my friends? up for that?

Anyone else that is trying out the beta next weekend and might wanna join up give me a shout or leave a message here, everyone is welcome.

• party
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
That was super fun
You also killed my ears with those headphones.

harry potter comedy GIF

P

peter42O

Okay, so it seems like if I just want to play solo, I don't need Gold or Plus since it says to access some of the game's multi-player features.

Not a fan of the shared open world but if I can ignore other players like I do in The Division 2, then im good to play!!! :)

Thanks for the info @TubzGaming

Reactions: TubzGaming

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Okay, so it seems like if I just want to play solo, I don't need Gold or Plus since it says to access some of the game's multi-player features.

Not a fan of the shared open world but if I can ignore other players like I do in The Division 2, then im good to play!!! :)

Thanks for the info @TubzGaming
it is pretty good, i am solo guy 100%, but had no problem with other players. they are not in your face, for sure.

first beta ended. manage to make 2 characters 25lvl :D

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Never playing with Tubz ever again, he stole all my loot, got me killed 5 times and called my character fat.

@Gediminas i hope to team up with your carcass in next weekend's open beta.

@Exanthus, you dirty furball, are you playing on xbox, maybe we can try the cross-play out next weekend with my friends? up for that?

Anyone else that is trying out the beta next weekend and might wanna join up give me a shout or leave a message here, everyone is welcome.

Yessir!