Diablo IV | PS5 - Xbox Series S/X - PC | Graphics Comparison

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Seems to be pretty well optimized for all so far.
Yeah, thts what came to mind when I was watching it, which is great! As gamers no matter what platform we play on, we are paying and deserve to get the best for what we pay for. Love how these consoles are punching above their weight class even against good specced out pc's.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I have been pretty impressed by the performance on the ps5.

The game looks and runs excellently.
I have had a lot of very noticeable lag but that's to be expected.

At stages, i have had these invisible walls that just run into, like the area is not loading, etc.

For a Beta the polish its very good, hope the other zones are just as good.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I have had a lot of very noticeable lag but that's to be expected.
At stages, i have had these invisible walls that just run into, like the area is not loading, etc.
Dial Up The Struggle GIF

P

peter42O

Has anyone played the Beta who's NOT subscribed to Gold/Plus? I want to know if the game can be played without either like I did Division 1 & 2 and Outriders since I have no interest in co-op and/or multi-player of any kind. Thanks.

Saw that video last night. Looks great across the board. Even last generation consoles seem pretty well optimized with a near locked 30FPS consistently. Not surprised though. While the game is massive, it is isometric with a fixed camera and thus, draw distance, etc. so should be easier to maintain a locked 30FPS/60FPS throughout.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Has anyone played the Beta who's NOT subscribed to Gold/Plus? I want to know if the game can be played without either like I did Division 1 & 2 and Outriders since I have no interest in co-op and/or multi-player of any kind. Thanks.

Saw that video last night. Looks great across the board. Even last generation consoles seem pretty well optimized with a near locked 30FPS consistently. Not surprised though. While the game is massive, it is isometric with a fixed camera and thus, draw distance, etc. so should be easier to maintain a locked 30FPS/60FPS throughout.
I really doubt this game will be able to be played without a subscription.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
How is this stupid Blizzard game? Any fun to be had?
It's extremely good, i will say this game seems more orientated to a casual fan base player rather than say d2 or path of exile hardcore type of player.

I have played the sorc now to level 24 and the combat feels absolutely fantastic, the skills for the sorc are exceptional and using them just feels incredible

There is so much to do, almost too much, quests everywhere, lore to listen to, side content, and events all over the place, map is gigantic.

The only issue i have, is loot is too easy to get, i am already basically decked out in legendaries, and although legendaries are not the best items you get, those would be unique's which is another tier higher.

I do however think some of the itemization blows, they are using a power score rating system, the more powerful items you equip the more damage you basically do.

There is some nuance to that of course as you can have very good rare items with stats you like being better than legendaries, You can also disenchant a legendary item and transfer that particular unique spell skill/ability to that rare and in the process turn that rare item into a legendary item. (it's not as complicated as i am making it sound)

At present, i would give this game a solid 9/10 and for more casual gamers this is 100% a 10/10.

If you have friends and family that dont care to much about theory crafting or looking at spread sheets, and just wanna have mindless fun, this is it.

Possible game of the year for sure.

@Gediminas, that big man slut has a barb at level 25, has played none stop for two days and is in a coma as we speak, if melee is more your thing he would be a good person to ask on how that feels.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PropellerEar

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It's extremely good, i will say this game seems more orientated to a casual fan base player rather than say d2 or path of exile hardcore type of player.

I have played the sorc now to level 24 and the combat feels absolutely fantastic, the skills for the sorc are exceptional and using them just feels fantastic.

There is so much to do, almost too much, quests everywhere, lore to listen to, side content, and events all over the place, map is gigantic.

The only issue i have, is loot is too easy to get, i am already basically decked out in legendaries, and although legendaries are not the best items you get, those would be unique's which is another tier higher.

I do however think some of the itemization blows, they are using a power score rating system, the more powerful items you equip the more damage you basically do.

There is some nuance to that of course as you can have very good rare items with stats you like being better than legendaries, You can also disenchant a legendary item and transfer that particular unique spell skill/ability to that rare and in the process turn that rare item into a legendary item. (it's not as complicated as i am making it sound)

At present, i would give this game a solid 9/10 and for more casual gamers this is 100% a 10/10.

If you have friends and family that dont care to much about theory crafting or looking at spread sheets, and just wanna have mindless fun, this is it.

So it seems to be better than the other games. Games tailored towards a hardcore audience are usually a bore to play.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So it seems to be better than the other games. Games tailored towards a hardcore audience are usually a bore to play.
it's a strange mixture between d2 and d3, to me it just works.

And as a game that will be supported into the far future, with more content, characters, new systems like runewords, and set items, this is a tremendous value proposition.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
it's a strange mixture between d2 and d3, to me it just works.

And as a game that will be supported into the far future, with more content, characters, new systems like runewords, and set items, this is a tremendous value proposition.
We get it 🐠🐡 you like it 🤔🤣

Reactions: PropellerEar
P

peter42O

I really doubt this game will be able to be played without a subscription.

For both Xbox and PlayStation, it says that a Battle.net account is required to log in and an internet connection is required. Neither say anything about requiring Gold/Plus. I will be playing the open beta next week so I should know for sure.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Got people playing. Is this as easy as diablo 3?
I have had no issues playing the sorc on the second world difficulty, there are 2 more difficulties above that you can not access as i think you need to finish certain later acts or objectives.

Played with the rogue, and only got to level 10, it's much more challenging and easier to die on that class, probably need better gear.

You do need to be aware of you cooldowns and will need to have defensive cooldowns to survive some encounters, overall it feels very balanced to me.

Reactions: SLB1904
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
People are asking fs, i am doing my best to help.

Stop being such a hater.

Dont make me make you my bitch ~(Again)
Diablo 2 Justice GIF by Xbox

Ps, how are you liking it so far.

I bet your playing a barb ffs
Lol haven't played it I'm too stuck into Resi Evil VR to play anything else. I'm getting my money's worth out of my VR.

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

I have played the sorc now to level 24 and the combat feels absolutely fantastic, the skills for the sorc are exceptional and using them just feels incredible

@Gediminas, that big man slut has a barb at level 25, has played none stop for two days and is in a coma as we speak, if melee is more your thing he would be a good person to ask on how that feels.
Feels very satisfying. Found my skills and stick with them.
World is great, dungeons too. Story good so far.
Barbarian feels brutal, especially with later skills.
I think, they increased legendaries drop rate for beta. To impress people and give them feeling how it will feel at full release.
World boss was very hard at first try but second time he was easier.
Performance was great. Loadings takes too long. It should be near instant on PS5.

Overall, for me personally, it can end up GOTY 2023.