Digital Foundry's Evil West Comparison PS5 vs XSX/S

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

4k Mode is actually 1728p on both PS5 and Series X with S at 1080p in it's sole mode.

Performance mode is 1080p 60fps on both consoles and are pretty much locked according to Mackenzie and is the suggested way to play.

There is no upscaling tech so the game can look a little blurrier on console vs other crossgen games.

The shadows look sharper on PS5, he suggests it's filtered differently vs XBOX.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

4k Mode is actually 1728p on both PS5 and Series X with S at 1080p in it's sole mode.

Performance mode is 1080p 60fps on both consoles and are pretty much locked according to Mackenzie and is the suggested way to play.

There is no upscaling tech so the game can look a little blurrier on console vs other crossgen games.

The shadows look sharper on PS5, he suggests it's filtered differently vs XBOX.

You playing this bro?

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
You playing this bro?
Have not bought it yet, but I will eventually, it's my type of game for sure. Hopefully they are able to optimize it a bit better on consoles with a future patch. The framerate on performance mode is great, but the consoles can do this at a higher resolution for sure...

Also forgot to mention, there's framepacing issues on the Quality mode on consoles, so the 60 fps mode even at 1080p seems to be the surefire way to play on consoles.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Happy someone is posting these in the main game area instead of sending it to die in the tech sub forum black hole.
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

P

peter42O

I'm currently playing Evil West. On chapter 11. Will have the game wrapped up by Thursday afternoon. Game is good, enjoyable for the most part but nothing special. Game design is definitely from 360/PS3 era. I would say for $30 or so, would be a good enjoyable time. For $60, nope. For me, I should get $33 for it when I trade it in on Friday so to be able play it day one for what will end up being a $27 purchase, I can't complain.