Discussion: What horror media (films, novels, comics, etc) would you want to see adapted into a game?

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
cover_hellraiser_v2_final-e1561660547838.jpg
fdf35bbc1f5fff8ce6464004f4ff2e6972303f8aabf018225bd1e9e536d34c11._UR1920,1080_.jpg

number2_var.jpg
Weaveworld.jpg

NYCC_Artwork_QudQRRy.width-800.jpg
ju-on-the-grudge-2-review.jpg

STL212856.jpg
jigsaw_ver10.jpg

MV5BNzhlOTk2MTItMjRhZC00MjRjLTk5OWUtZmRkMDYwMDNhOWUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFsZWxvZw@@._V1_.jpg

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Something like Saw would probably work the best. Alien franchise has had some ok games.

I really like found footage so I might say something like The Blair Witch Project, but something with a bit more teeth on it because it's a bit dull from a monster standpoint.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm not sure of the name but years ago Keifer Sutherland was in a horror movie where he got caught in a mirror version of an old church or building...I barely remember it but it had some cool ideas and I do think it could have been adapted into a cool horror game.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ever seen the movie Underwater (2020)?

Survival horror in deep ocean with Lovecraftian monsters.

First person view in a scuba suit, exploring the horrors in the depths.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Ever seen the movie Underwater (2020)?

Survival horror in deep ocean with Lovecraftian monsters.

First person view in a scuba suit, exploring the horrors in the depths.

This reminds me of Deep House, which was a found footage movie set basically entirely in an underwater house with scuba divers

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I really want vampire focussed action games.

Van helsing, modern castlevania , mr vampire.

Mr Vampire is very oldschool, many maybe not be familiar with it, it's a 80s chinese comedy vampire flick highly recommend watching the first one at least.

D

Deleted member 417

Spawn game developed by Insomniac

An Archer point and click puzzle adventure developed by Revolution Games (Broken Sword) and directed by Archer crew (Adam Greene).

Game of Thrones RTS in the vein of LOTR: Battle for middle earth 2.

Full metal jacket. First portion of the game is training, you have to use button mashing skills to pass the training (think of those old snes/mega drive olympic games)or R Lee ermey chokes you out. The second half is Battlefield: Bad Company 2 humour but in Vietnam.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I'd like a modern take on Fuse Box Simulator....

I mean, The Thing

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Somewhat related..

Long walk round the houses to formulate an idea better. I've previously said I'd really like Mortal Kombat to divorce it's guest horror characters into a fighting horror game. If they actually sell well, don't have any issue with their own fighting game. I just don't like the idea that MK dev time/development went into non-MK fighters.

Then I changed it to MK as GAAS game and just buying guests from the store and having a selection tab for MK fighters, and one for other realmers, allow players to pick all or MK-only ladder/online opponents. Now as more of an evolution of that idea...

Dissolve Injustice and guest character crossover fights into "DC vs MultiVersus" or something, and establish that game as the everyone from every multiverse is welcome game.

Back on MK side? Beef up skins/variations systems to full kreate a kharacter levels, pump with MK dlc fighters, fighter edit pieces/poses/moves, story chapters, gameplay rebalanced and system introductions as the game flows as a gaas delivery.