Do you think it's worth buying a PS5 and having a PC in this particular case?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Are Ps platform releases with no PC option worth it to you? If yes then yes, if no then no, same as any other option.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Satoru

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
For me it's the perfect combination.

Even if you have a monster GPU, the benefit of having a PS5 is day one first-party exclusives, couch gaming if like me you have your PC in an office type setup (let's be honest nobody wants to wheel their PC around their lounge), a console platform that most likely won't suffer from some of the less-than-stellar performance that sometimes occurs with PC games i.e. micro-stuttering, and proper DualSense support.

Get both and you get the flexibility of two amazing platforms.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
The main problem(s) are... If your PC is good enough to run the games, you are willing to wait for those Sony games to come to Steam later, and you have a hdmi cable and a PS5 controller, your need for a PS5 is entirely undermined and now ultimately dependant on FOMO. It's a slippery slope, kind of thing.

In a better world with better choices by Sony, you wouldn't be asking if you need a PS5, you'd have to have one (or at least a PS4, something in PS ecosystem) to experience it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The main problem(s) are... If your PC is good enough to run the games, you are willing to wait for those Sony games to come to Steam later, and you have a hdmi cable and a PS5 controller, your need for a PS5 is entirely undermined and now ultimately dependant on FOMO. It's a slippery slope, kind of thing.

In a better world with better choices by Sony, you wouldn't be asking if you need a PS5, you'd have to have one (or at least a PS4, something in PS ecosystem) to experience it.
So many if, so much work.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
So many if, so much work.
Not really, the PS5 console has been undermined by Sony's PC/PS4 split focus. Getting a PS5 pad and a hdmi would be far cheaper than a PS5, and whenever the PC ports come they'll possible be DX/GOTY editions, if not there'll be other PC advantages over console sku, like fan fixes or mods. Is the FOMO of waiting for the PC port worth the investment to the tune of PS5 cost, especially coming from PC playing background already, with its cheaper prices?

Normally I'd say no for the vast majority, but if Sony were more PS focused, and one could only play the games on PS, OP wouldn't be weighing up a purchase, they'd have x amount of PS games swaying that decision already?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
PC for pc, xbox, and switch games. PS5 for ps exclusives and games that use the dualsense well. If you have the money there's no reason not to have one. And if you end up not liking it for whatever reason, you can easily sell it for close to retail because it's in demand.

So your suggestion for Switch games is piracy?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
So your suggestion for Switch games is piracy?
I mean, I don't suggest people pirate but if they have no moral issue then hey, it works and probably on lower end computers than PS4 piracy too. All you are missing out on is Ring Fit and, unless you are set up for it, gyro aiming. Well, and portability, if thats something you care about.