5 Jul 2022
United States
Fa3WPeyXwAA_iFe

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Waiting for the official blog post.

Seems like back pedals, replaceable sticks and tension adjustment?

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I hope they made the trigger springs better, I broke my R2 trigger within a month of launch and have since turned off the trigger effects for everything.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I hope they made the trigger springs better, I broke my R2 trigger within a month of launch and have since turned off the trigger effects for everything.
Thts wild, my launch controller still has everything intact and I play daily.

• sad
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Nym

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
F that. 150$ locked inside a controller with built-in battery.... Dualsense is already fantastic controller. Nobody needs this. We want games !!!

In 30 years, I will have a nostalgia moment, take out ps5 from the closet and guess what? I will not be able to play at all since battery will be dead.
And no. "buy new chinese battery" is not an answer

• thinking_hard

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Modular pro controller, that's nice. It will obviously be overpriced af though.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Thts wild, my launch controller still has everything intact and I play daily.

I don't even work my controllers very hard. Maybe just a bad one, I got a launch bundle with 2 controllers and the other one is fine still. But that might be because I turned off the trigger features for everything, not really sure.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Here we go.

Ultra-customizable controls: You can make the DualSense Edge wireless controller uniquely yours by remapping or deactivating specific button inputs and fine-tuning your aim by adjusting stick sensitivity and dead zones (the distance your analog stick moves before it’s recognized in a game). In addition, each trigger is adjustable with options to tailor travel distance and dead zones to your preference. For example, you can manually reduce travel distance of the triggers for faster inputs in competitive FPS games or reduce the dead zone for precise throttle control in racing games.

Ability to save multiple control profiles: Once you’ve found your ideal control settings, you can save them to unique profiles and swap between them on the fly. With the DualSense Edge wireless controller, you’ll always have your preferred controls for your games ready to go, whether you’re facing Norse gods and monsters in God of War Ragnarök, or rival players in an online battle royale.

On-controller user interface: The dedicated Fn button allows you to easily adjust your setup while staying focused on the in-game action – quickly swap between your pre-set control profiles, adjust game volume and chat balance, and access the controller profile settings menu to set up and test new control iterations while in game.

Changeable stick caps and back buttons: Three types of swappable stick caps (standard, high dome, and low dome) help you stay comfortable in game while maintaining grip and stability. The two swappable sets of back buttons (half-dome and lever) can be configured to be any other button input, putting more essential controls at your fingertips.

Replaceable stick modules: Play longer with the ability to fully replace each individual stick module on the controller (replacement stick modules will be sold separately).

Built-in DualSense wireless controller features: The DualSense Edge wireless controller retains the signature comfort and immersive experience of the DualSense wireless controller when playing supported games, including haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, built-in microphone, motion controls, and more.

• thinking_hard

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
so much needless crap to break.
And it sounds very expensive...
Deadzone customization are really good things but it should be an option even for DualSense... to be fair it should be an system level option to any controller you choose to use.

Custom button mapping and function based in profiles should be something at system level too... not done by the controller itself.

Reactions: Shmunter and rofif

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Sigh, no screen on pro controller. No credible rumors for a portable.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
within a month, what the heck are you doing with the thing?

Hand Easter GIF by Magician Edzus

• haha
  • sad
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Nym

Nym

21 Jun 2022
within a month, what the heck are you doing with the thing?

Hand Easter GIF by Magician Edzus

Just playing a little CoD, nothing crazy. I was worried about how well the triggers would hold up too and doing my best to not squeeze them too hard. Ended up having to take apart a DS4 to get the trigger spring.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw
Status
Not open for further replies.