EA and Koei Tecmo‘s monster hunting game Wild Hearts will have no microtransactions and free post-launch content

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
wild-hearts-featured-image-1280x720.jpg

EA and Koei Tecmo‘s monster hunting game Wild Hearts will have no microtransactions and free post-launch content, it’s been claimed.

The game’s executive producer Lewis Harvey was taking part in a Reddit AMA session when he was asked what players could expect in terms of in-game monetisation.

“All post-launch contents will be free, including new Kemono and more,” he replied, adding: “We don’t have any plans to feature microtransactions.”

Kemono are the game’s large monsters, which players hunt either alone or with up to two other players in co-op.

Reactions: TwistedSyn

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Considering this is scumbag EA - this is surprising to hear. We will see if they live up to their word. Looking forward to trying this one out.

Reactions: Bryank75

TwistedSyn

10 Jul 2022
I am absolutely shocked. EA, you guys are starting to get me on your side again. Though you still have a few ways to go to get me back. Don't fuck it up.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They have this part right but they need to have the gameplay loop perfect to really grab people initially.

I usually don't support EA but if they do something that is clearly positive and doesn't have those typical scummy elements, then I will try to support.