[Edge Magazine] FF16 “radical departure” “ that left us breathless”

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I've been pretty down on this series since playing 15 but I'll be interested to see how this game plays

Reactions: Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
At first I wasn't really interested in this. I've liked a couple Final Fantasy's through the years, but recent ones didn't really grip me (except 7 Remake).

The more I hear about this, the more it wins me over.

DMC style combat?
Gorgeous next gen visuals?
Game of thrones level narrative?
Kaiju style epic battles?

Sign me up!

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Gonna get a lot of crap for this but the more I see of this game, the less I like it. As soon as devs start using "wider audience", I see red flags.

It just doesn't look like FF anymore. Looks like DMC with potions. The story might make it interesting for me but I'll have to wait and see.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
As soon as devs start using "wider audience", I see red flags.
hipster!

Usually some genius at management or marketing level says something like: We should target X or Y group this way 10 million more people will want the game (assuming their existing audience stays)... Then the release a product without a soul.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Gonna get a lot of crap for this but the more I see of this game, the less I like it. As soon as devs start using "wider audience", I see red flags.

It just doesn't look like FF anymore. Looks like DMC with potions. The story might make it interesting for me but I'll have to wait and see.
who the fuck cares what it's called, just tape over the name on the disc with "DMC 6" if you want. the important part is if the game is fun.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
who the fuck cares what it's called, just tape over the name on the disc with "DMC 6" if you want. the important part is if the game is fun.
There are certain expectations with certain series. You don't boot up DMC to find it's now a turn based RPG. Sure, it's fun but it's not what I play DMC for.

Fun isn't the problem. It's switching genres to a radical degree that is.

I'm sure this game will do well. Probably even better than 7 remake. If you're having fun, good for you. All I'm saying it's not what I play FF for. And again, I can swallow that gameplay if they manage to make the world and story interesting.

Reactions: FatKaz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Luminous being shuttered is a godsend.