Edge Magazine needs to Die.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Here are the latest and incredibly predictable scores from Edge...

Once again shitting on a PlayStation exclusive and irrationally putting it in the same category as Redfall. When you consider their TOTK review score and Edge's history of review trends, it is obvious they have a hate boner from PlayStation and will review Nintendo games a 10 or close to that each and every time.

The publication is pointless, it stands only to enforce their biases and not inform customers on the quality and enjoyment of the games.

It's time for Edge to go away, permanently.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom — 10
Redfall — 6
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor — 8
Humanity — 9
Planet of Lana — 9
Darkest Dungeon II — 9
The Last Case of Benedict Fox — 5
Minecraft Legends — 4
Horizon: Forbidden West - Burning Shores — 6
Mr Sun's Hatbox — 7
Tron: Identity — 7

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No name shit games getting high scores from Edge Magazine. It's always the same with them. They also gave a low score to GOW Ragnarok, the lowest and only mixed review on Metacritic. A blight on gaming, burn their offices.

I was going to post this screenshot in the review thread but it's fitting to post it here. Look at your 6/10 Edge

Screenshot_20230515_125718_Samsung Internet.jpg

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

Once again shitting on a PlayStation exclusive and irrationally putting it in the same category as Redfall. When you consider their TOTK review score and Edge's history of review trends, it is obvious they have a hate boner from PlayStation and will review Nintendo games a 10 or close to that each and every time.

The publication is pointless, it stands only to enforce their biases and not inform customers on the quality and enjoyment of the games.

Redfall — 6
Humanity — 9
Planet of Lana — 9
Darkest Dungeon II — 9
Minecraft Legends — 4
Mr Sun's Hatbox — 7
How is HFW DLC the same quality as Redfall? That's a generous 6 to the zom co-op. Buy Redfall!

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
EDGE has high metacritic weighting in the review scores right?

If that high weighting could be removed that would be enough to make their scores irrelevant as an outlet like xbox era.

TBH the weighting of scores across publications should be removed, and maybe just improve the quality of reviews and remove bad faith reviewers. Some efffort on metacritics part, but would improve the metacritic review scores if anyone does really care about that.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
EDGE has high metacritic weighting in the review scores right?

If that high weighting could be removed that would be enough to make their scores irrelevant as an outlet like xbox era.

TBH the weighting of scores across publications should be removed, and maybe just improve the quality of reviews and remove bad faith reviewers. Some efffort on metacritics part, but would improve the metacritic review scores if anyone does really care about that.

That would be a start but I just think oulets like Edge are highly pretentious and don't have a place in current gaming. The sooner they are gone and the people who score games like this are pushed out of the industry, the better IMO.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If you stop talking about, promoting their site and caring about their score they'll just die.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
1684188418992.png

Full list below.... (Just add TOTK)
  • Super Mario 64 (1996)
  • Gran Turismo (1997)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
  • Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
  • Half-Life 2 (2004)
  • Halo 3 (2007)
  • The Orange Box (2007)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
  • LittleBigPlanet (2008)
  • Bayonetta (2009)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
  • Rock Band 3 (2010)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
  • The Last of Us (2013)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
  • Bayonetta 2 (2014)
  • Bloodborne (2015)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (2017)
    Additionally, these games were rescored retroactively and received a 10:
  • Elite (1984)
  • Exile (1988)
  • Super Mario Bros. (1985)
  • GoldenEye 007 (1997)
  • Advance Wars (2001)
  • Resident Evil 4 (2005)
  • Drop7 (2009)
  • Red Dead Redemption (2010)
  • Super Street Fighter IV (2010)
  • Dark Souls (2011)
Note: No Uncharted games, no GOW games, no Shadow of the Colossus etc etc...

Also note the lack of Japanese games, RPG's from Japan, anything with a Japanese flavor....

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
View attachment 1366

Full list below.... (Just add TOTK)
  • Super Mario 64 (1996)
  • Gran Turismo (1997)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
  • Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
  • Half-Life 2 (2004)
  • Halo 3 (2007)
  • The Orange Box (2007)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
  • LittleBigPlanet (2008)
  • Bayonetta (2009)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
  • Rock Band 3 (2010)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
  • The Last of Us (2013)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
  • Bayonetta 2 (2014)
  • Bloodborne (2015)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (2017)
    Additionally, these games were rescored retroactively and received a 10:
  • Elite (1984)
  • Exile (1988)
  • Super Mario Bros. (1985)
  • GoldenEye 007 (1997)
  • Advance Wars (2001)
  • Resident Evil 4 (2005)
  • Drop7 (2009)
  • Red Dead Redemption (2010)
  • Super Street Fighter IV (2010)
  • Dark Souls (2011)
Note: No Uncharted games, no GOW games, no Shadow of the Colossus etc etc...

Also note the lack of Japanese games, RPG's from Japan, anything with a Japanese flavor....
Setting aside the retroactive reviews, the only two games on that list that stand out as too highly scored to me are LBP (great creator tool but floaty platforming) and Skyward Sword (they, and a lot of other places, really did get tricked by "Zelda charm.")

That said, yeah a lot of other games that could have got tens didn't. No classic Blizzard games, no fighting games, few Japanese games, no III era GTA games, no MMOs (though if they review at launch that might be fair), no indie/puzzle games (small dev cost but rely on systems to be fun.)

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Regardles of scores, Edge needs to nuked. Sooner it dies,better. Always acting like they know better than any1 else. Hipster magazine. Sucking Nintendo s known for long. It was even worse in wii, ds era. Trash articles in magazine, hyping any crap nintendo puts out etc. Hyping bayoneta and trashing gow3 like its 5/10. Had chance to read few friend numbers.

Zero focus on rts games etc. Itsvlike they completely ignore certain ips or genre.

If there is any chance to help them die, i d gladly donate money.

• fire

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Redfall — 6
Humanity — 9
Planet of Lana — 9
Darkest Dungeon II — 9
Minecraft Legends — 4
Mr Sun's Hatbox — 7

They needed to die for ages. I remember they gave a great game a shitty score in the late 90’s and me and my friends boycotted them

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Multiplayer drags games down, with VERY few exceptions outside of sports games.

Not that I agree with the previous statement of single player games don’t deserve 10s.

But some games get a good boost with multiplayer like you said. And Im not really a multiplayer gamer.

So games that Ive enjoyed even more because of multiplayer outisde of fighters, beat em ups, sports/ racers etc:

-Guardian Heroes- Outside of the Story mode/Coop mode. The 6vs6 PVP made the game one of my favourites of all time
-RE5 - I found RE4-5 far from the classic singleplayer game. RE5 was better playing coop
-Also games like Gears of War are better with COOP/PVP as an option
-1st Person shooters like TimeSplitters, Golden Eye, Cod, Resistance, Halo, Destiny
-WRPG’s like Diablo
-Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4 and TLOU were amazing but got a good boost with multiplayer (Even though, Id like a longer single player mode like TLOU2 then PVP)
-Obviously MMO’s like PSO, FF14, FF11 etc
-Ghost of Tsushima was pretty fun with a friend

Im more of a Coop/PVE person when it comes to online/multiplayer compared to PVP. And both take a 2nd choice compared to a 1 player game