Elden Ring 1.09 is now live on PS5 and PC. It adds support for ray traced ambient occlusion and raytraced shadows. No ray traced reflections.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Like @NXGamer said a while back, ray tracing is a distraction. I have never seen so much marketing behind such a resource hungry brute force technique, with such small visual payoff.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Like @NXGamer said a while back, ray tracing is a distraction. I have never seen so much marketing behind such a resource hungry brute force technique, with such small visual payoff.
Yeah, I dont care much for RT. The trade offs to performance aren't even worth it by far.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yeah, I dont care much for RT. The trade offs to performance aren't even worth it by far.
I thought that would be reasonable on PC by the second generation of cards that has it. But no.

Consoles, well let's just say that what I enjoy the most this generation is the performance mode.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I thought that would be reasonable on PC by the second generation of cards that has it. But no.

Consoles, well let's just say that what I enjoy the most this generation is the performance mode.
Yeah for some reason for me performance mode ends up looking better to me besides hanky performance issues on fidelity. It just looks more fluid so graphics look smoother and pop more to me.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Yeah for some reason for me performance mode ends up looking better to me besides hanky performance issues on fidelity. It just looks more fluid so graphics look smoother and pop more to me.
Most games when i first play them i turn on Fidelity and go oh that looks nice.... - Anyways "switches to Performance" ah nice and smooth.