OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like Musk is removing from Twitter accounts that well talks about him.
That includes Journo from major US newspapers.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Seems like Musk is removing from Twitter accounts that well talks about him.
That includes Journo from major US newspapers.
I think it has something to do with them giving his real-time coordinates when he is traveling.

I saw someone from the Washington post complaining about it, but then I am thinking how would she like it if her real-time movement activities of her and her family are being updated to the public domain every 5 mins.

Lots of crazies out there.

Just think about this, would you want @TubzGaming or @PropellerEar to know your exact location?

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by FTX_Official

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think it has something to do with them giving his real-time coordinates when he is traveling.

I saw someone from the Washington post complaining about it, but then I am thinking how would she like it if her real-time movement activities of her and her family are being updated to the public domain every 5 mins.

Just think about this, would you want @TubzGaming or @PropellerEar to know your exact location?

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

They didn't some journalists just reported on other stuff. And the coordinates are freely available on YouTube for ANY flight in the world

• Informative

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They didn't some journalists just reported on other stuff. And the coordinates are freely available on YouTube for ANY flight in the world
i can only remember what his tweet said, something akin to doxxing.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I think the twitter that shared his position was already removed a week ago.
These are Journalists that posted comments about him (probably not good comments) but said nothing about his location.

BTW his flying activities are public, no? I mean how a twitter get the data... it is from the public data... all air planes needs to do that.
You can question why it is public... it is public because it is needed to not have air planes crashing int he air... all air planes needs to share you its position to others air planes knows where to travel to not hit others airplane.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think the twitter that shared his position was already removed a week ago.
These are Journalists that posted comments about him (probably not good comments) but said nothing about his location.

BTW his flying activities are public, no? I mean how a twitter get the data... it is from the public data of the private air plane... all air planes needs to do that.
I think the flying activities are public but you are not allowed to list up to the date information about it, as in real-time.

I saw the exact tweet on BBC news earlier, he was like it's against the terms of Twitter, etc.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think the flying activities are public but you are not allowed to list up to the date information about it, as in real-time.

I saw the exact tweet on BBC news earlier, he was like it's against the terms of Twitter, etc.
I understand the terms of Twitter and I have no issue with Twitter blocking public data in their platform... so I think the JetMusk or how it was called was fair to be removed from Twitter.

I just don't understand the others.

About the sharing with data information in real time... I mean the public data is in real time with date and all information (you can right now download a mobile App that show you realtime all data)... it is needed to be in real time to work... because others air planes needs to know if there are another air plane in front of them in real time.
Any delay in the information can generate caos.

I believe only air planes that fly below 2500 above the ground doesn't require to share public it location data.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I understand the terms of Twitter and I have no issue with Twitter blocking public data in their platform... so I think the JetMust or how it was called was fair to be removed from Twitter.

I just don't understand the others.

About the sharing with data information in real time... I mean the public data is in real time with date and all information... it is needed to be in real time to work... because others air planes needs to know if there are another air plane in front of them in real time.
Any delay in the information can generate caos.
I must admit I don't know the whole complete story, I have only had a glimpse of the news and that was on it at the time.

@Nym where are you FFS, this is your territory.

Start explaining whats going on.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

Hacking Control Room GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

• haha
Reactions: AniWeeb and Sircaw

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I must admit I don't know the whole complete story, I have only had a glimpse of the news and that was on it at the time.

@Nym where are you FFS, this is your territory.

Start explaining whats going on.

I've been on vacation not following things as closely. I just saw the other day that he banned accounts that were sharing real time location data, and wasn't going to allow a distinction between journalists and civilians for the rule. Makes total sense to me, and of course journalists who would cry Nazi if someone shared their location data were outraged that free speech was being curtailed, these people are absolute clowns.

If he reinstated their accounts that's dumb, but the rule itself to ban people who share real time location data that isn't their own seems fine and he should stick to that.

• Informative
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This weekend he made a poll asking if he should step down as being CIO of Twitter.
57% said yes.
At the end of the poll he said he will respect the results.

Edit - But after he said he will only left when he wants lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Forget a bit about Musk for while.

Do you guys believes Twitter can survive? Seems like more than 500 advertisers paused the activities in the platform and the revenue already dropped 40%.
Musk did a restructuring so a lot of people were fired to cut costs.
But that is enough? They plan to sell "names" whatever that means.

D

Deleted member 417

Do you guys believes Twitter can survive? Seems like more than 500 advertisers paused the activities in the platform and the revenue already dropped 40%.
It will survive and thrive and when it does, the other tech giants will be thinking "If the richest man on Earth can shed 50% of the labour cost and still be successful, I wonder if we can..."

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I think Musk is tanking twitter on purpose. It is a very useful site for protestors in places with repressive governments like Saudi Arabia to show what government sponsored news won't show. Guess who is a major investor partnered with musk on the twitter deal? That's right, saudi arabia. They would definitely be willing to spend a few billion to get access to the identifying information of and impede the activity of political dissidents.

• thinking_hard
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think Musk is tanking twitter on purpose. It is a very useful site for protestors in places with repressive governments like Saudi Arabia to show what government sponsored news won't show. Guess who is a major investor partnered with musk on the twitter deal? That's right, saudi arabia. They would definitely be willing to spend a few billion to get access to the identifying information of and impede the activity of political dissidents.
I did not thought from this side of things.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Absolutely. And let's not ignore the tax write off he will get once Twitter goes down.

• thinking_hard