False information, Clickbait Journalism & Popular Misconceptions

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That entire file dump is out of context. We're missing key pieces of ALL of it. Especially the slides. Those were clearly meant to go along with a presentation to contextualize them, and we have none of that.

That's part of what infuriates me with how the sites covering this have chosen to do so. We got that "Rift Apart lost $8mil" everywhere. Later someone finally noticed it was a sales projection forecast from June 2020. Then the infamous "Call of Duty slides" which... were from 2021 and contained nothing we hadn't heard Jim Ryan say during the ABK hearings. And when the "journalists" see this, they... leave their original posts and videos up and just quietly drop an update in the article or in a pinned comment as if that fixes it.

Irresponsibility, recklessness, and all-around nasty practices.
And they internally justify it by saying PlayStation is doing too well and need to be "humbled" anyway.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Reddit has a serious hate boner for PlayStation. Whenever someone calls it out they get hit with whataboutism from shills.

they're all coping by saying Sony is getting fleeced with the deal and they understand why "Xbox declined it" 😂

A. Sony isn't getting fleeced at all
B. I doubt Marvel went to Microsoft before Sony about X-Men
C. Even if it was, who cares if the trillion dollar company doesn't make a lot of money from the deal when you get a good game on your preferred platform?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
they're all coping by saying Sony is getting fleeced with the deal and they understand why "Xbox declined it" 😂

A. Sony isn't getting fleeced at all
B. I doubt Marvel went to Microsoft before Sony about X-Men
C. Even if it was, who cares if the trillion dollar company doesn't make a lot of money from the deal when you get a good game on your preferred platform?
Mental gymnastics to make themselves feel better about not getting X-Men.

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
Not sure if this qualifies but who remembers VG247 confusing Uncharted 2 with Uncharted 4? That was the funniest and saddest journalism I have ever seen.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not sure if this qualifies but who remembers VG247 confusing Uncharted 2 with Uncharted 4? That was the funniest and saddest journalism I have ever seen.
I am personally not a fan of Uncharted 4, but 2 is one of the best games I have ever played on the PlayStation.

I put it up there with Bloodborne as one of my all-time favourites.

Saying that i find it hard that people could confuse the two, unless of course they did not bother playing them

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
I am personally not a fan of Uncharted 4, but 2 is one of the best games I have ever played on the PlayStation.

Saying that i find it hard that people could confuse the two, unless of course they did not bother playing them
I have no idea what happened but there should be no doubt the person didn't play Uncharted 2 before. Otherwise, there is no way you can confuse the two. But to their credit they sucked it up and apologized for it.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

A lot of these gaming media types barely play games but have the loudest opinions about them.

• fire
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan and Sircaw