Famitsu] Interview with Jim Ryan: Importance of Japanese market and games, Spider-Man 2 on PS5, PSVR2, PC ports 2-3 years after release

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
@Gamernyc78, this is the original source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/202305/19302804.html

Google translation:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
2 years seems a good approach. Although I am always getting the impression that modern Sony seems to forget everything done before HZD, both for PC and console users.

Couldn't care less about the latest games, I am more interested in the back catalog that has to be played in a PS3/buggy emulator or a sub par streaming service.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So Sony is increasing the time gap for PC ports like EVERYBODY already pointed that is the best business decision.
Some Xbox fans using the PCMR shield will be crying now that their predictions that Sony will more to near day one releases turned out false.

PC Ports in 2-3 years after release was always the logical sense in any way you look at it.
Only some Live Service games (and not all) will beneficiate with day one releases on PC.

For now only 2 games broke the 2 years rule:

LBP Big Adventure: 1 year, 11 months, 15 days
Returnal: 1 year, 9 months, 16 days

From these Returnal is the except that validate the rule while LBP was so close to 2 years that it was probably choose that date to release before Black Friday in November.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Finally, he is beginning to see some sense. I hope he follows through on this.

3 years minimum IMO. Generally I'd like the generation nearly over by the time a port is being thought about.
I believe they should only work with previous generation games on PC near the release of sequel/spin-off on PS5.
That is what makes more business sense.

For exemple.

Let's say they announce TLOU3 exclusive to PS5 to release in Holiday 2024.
PC TLOU2 port should release around mid of year in 2024 to hype up people before TLOU3 on PS5.
It is really good marketing and they did with some games already... Horizon, GoW, Niche-man, etc.

When I said previous generation I mean work with PC ports of PS4 games for now and after some years or even when we are near PS6 start to work on PC ports of PS5 games.

PCMR won't bother because they build top end PC to play old games anyway.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Finally, he is beginning to see some sense. I hope he follows through on this.

3 years minimum IMO. Generally I'd like the generation nearly over by the time a port is being thought about.
Me and you always agree on PC ports. Hopefully the time only gets longer and longer. 3 years should be the minimum. 2 if the game completely bombed on PS5 for some reason and they need to recoup costs.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Xbots already throwing a party because of PSVR2 potentially not being very successful, what a bunch of wankers. They are so salty that they root against some of the most exciting areas of gaming just because they don't have it.

Xbox fanatics, which are pretty much a cult, don't care about quality, nor they care about games. They care about seeing Sony fail at every cost. These people are absolute lunatics.