First ever 3d accelerator (warning, naked ACCELERATOR inside)

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Was 3dfx Voodoo 1 !!!
I finally got the asshole right here. I think it's exactly the same model I had in 1997.
Can You imagine that ?! Playing games faster, in higher resolution and with textures rendering ?! whole whooping 640x480 at 20fps in Unreal .... was unreal at the time!

TfSBD0D.jpg

qluJcEf.jpg

TzKKfVu.jpg

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Was 3dfx Voodoo 1 !!!
I finally got the asshole right here. I think it's exactly the same model I had in 1997.
Can You imagine that ?! Playing games faster, in higher resolution and with textures rendering ?! whole whooping 640x480 at 20fps in Unreal .... was unreal at the time!

TfSBD0D.jpg

qluJcEf.jpg

TzKKfVu.jpg
I had a six-meg Adrenalin rush, i think it was called.

I remember the first time I saw Quake 2 with it playing, from software mode to some of the most beautiful colors my friends and i have ever seen. it was at a lane party, there were like 40 people all gathered around watching a guy play, he shot a bfg and that green ball had everyone going OMFG.

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I had a six-meg Adrenalin rush, i think it was called.

I remember the first time I saw Quake 2 with it playing, from software mode to some of the most beautiful colors my friends and i have ever seen. it was at a lane party, there were like 40 people all gathered around watching a guy play, he shot a bfg and that green ball had everyone going OMFG.
omg yes. I had this voodoo1 and only geforce 2 mx after this (which I also have).
I still want to get voodoo 2 for collection.

Voodoo rush was such a weird card. One of first not requiring 2d card if I remember correctly. 6mb was not too shabby back then.
It was slower than voodoo1 but nobody cared back then. From my memory, games ran 60fps and not 20 which they actually did :p

man... monthly gaming magazines, so you have to be patient but then get full games and demos + reviews, previews and news to read.
And I knew every kid around since we traded games or exchanged games on hard drives