First Netflix, now HBO Max: What is happening with subscription services?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Maybe people are finally waking up a bit.... years ago we used to get better films, films made to appeal to actual audiences....made to thrill and excite, to be truly entertaining and enjoyable.

I don't want to get political but with the direct link between each piece of entertainment and the audience being broken by packaging everything as a service, it allowed these companies push any old agenda, any message they like without caring about if the audience was enjoying anything or getting their value.

I rarely see anything I want to watch on any of these services..... most of their content is pure crap and I really can't believe people waste their time with any of them.
The rise in the Chinese box office ties directly to the precipitous dumbing down of Hollywood. The simpler, bigger and more packed with mindless special effects a movie was, the more it would make in China, so Hollywood voluntarily lobotomized itself, and then the radical agenda started being pushed in recent years, making for a one-two punch that turned mass-market movies into shit.

• they're_right_you_know
  • haha
Reactions: Nym and Bryank75