Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Forspoken--1140x815.jpg

In addition to confirming how long Final Fantasy 16 will remain an exclusive PlayStation 5, a recent trailer released by Sony also provides important details regarding Forspoken .

During the trailer entitled Play Like Never Before , the Japanese giant has inserted a specific wording that accompanies the short game sequences taken from Forspoken. According to what is written on the screen, Forspoken will be an exclusive PC and PlayStation 5 for quite some time: it will in fact be possible to play the Square Enix title on the two platforms in the period between January 24, 2023 and January 23, 2025.

forspoken_notizia-1536x796.jpg

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Ok, typical from sie and se decades long relationship. Expected.

24 Jun 2022
An end to a timed exclusive period doesn't guarantee an actual port. By that time SE might decide that a port is not worth it.

Yep we saw this with FF VII Remake; originally 1-year timed exclusive for PS4, then an Xbox port the year after. Welp, those plans sure changed.

I find it kind of odd people are thinking this FF XVI "news" means an Xbox port is coming after six months. If anything, that's when the PC version for EGS will likely drop, then the Steam version six months after that. I don't see any road where it comes to Xbox any sooner than 2025 considering Forespoken is a two-year console exclusive but has a PC version coming Day 1.

Like why lock down Forespoken for that long console-wise but not FF XVI, considering the former is a new IP and would probably benefit more (theoretically) being on more platformers sooner. OTOH vast majority of FF base are already on PS regardless, and the game should see good long-term sales for at least a year or two. After that, get that GamePass deal and drop the game in there, seems to be Square-Enix's routine anyway.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yep we saw this with FF VII Remake; originally 1-year timed exclusive for PS4, then an Xbox port the year after. Welp, those plans sure changed.

I find it kind of odd people are thinking this FF XVI "news" means an Xbox port is coming after six months. If anything, that's when the PC version for EGS will likely drop, then the Steam version six months after that. I don't see any road where it comes to Xbox any sooner than 2025 considering Forespoken is a two-year console exclusive but has a PC version coming Day 1.

Like why lock down Forespoken for that long console-wise but not FF XVI, considering the former is a new IP and would probably benefit more (theoretically) being on more platformers sooner. OTOH vast majority of FF base are already on PS regardless, and the game should see good long-term sales for at least a year or two. After that, get that GamePass deal and drop the game in there, seems to be Square-Enix's routine anyway.

If your platform is not enticing / doesn't sell enough copies, why port the game?

Reactions: Ezekiel

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Is this gonna lead to another outcry when we inevitably come to the day and Square Enix announce a expansion or sequel coming to ps5 with no xbox insight?

Sony will most likely own part or all of SE by then anyway

Reactions: Ezekiel
D

Deleted member 13

An end to a timed exclusive period doesn't guarantee an actual port. By that time SE might decide that a port is not worth it.
Nah. Highly unlikely. I'm sure Sony will share a lot with the PC as it will give them more profits at the end of the day. Xbox, on the other hand, is a different matter. MS needs to step up their game because it "feels" like they aren't moving at all this generation.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
People can say what they want. I'm not saying this because I'm a PS fan. I will have lots of fun with this game. Always looked engaging to me, besides, this is the type of game I like. Let the haters hate.

Game looks incredible, im actually really confused as to why theres so much hate on it besides the obvious small minority of people that just hate “talkative women” in games.

I lowkey hope sony just outright buys luminous productions and makes it their in-house rpg dev

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Nah. Highly unlikely. I'm sure Sony will share a lot with the PC as it will give them more profits at the end of the day. Xbox, on the other hand, is a different matter. MS needs to step up their game because it "feels" like they aren't moving at all this generation.

Well Forspoken is day and date with PC, of course I was talking about Xbox, as answer to the thread name.

Reactions: Deleted member 13

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Game looks incredible, im actually really confused as to why theres so much hate on it besides the obvious small minority of people that just hate “talkative women” in games.

I lowkey hope sony just outright buys luminous productions and makes it their in-house rpg dev
Once it's an action game, I will give it a twirl. but this is more than just an action game. It's featureset and depth looks very impressive to me. Magic, Melee and aerial traversal in large worlds looks like my type of game for continuous play. It looks fast and fluid with lots of options for combat.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Once it's an action game, I will give it a twirl. but this is more than just an action game. It's featureset and depth looks very impressive to me. Magic, Melee and aerial traversal in large worlds looks like my type of game for continuous play. It looks fast and fluid with lots of options for combat.

Yeah, honestly the main selling points of an open world game to me are traversal and combat. The rest is just whatever, hopefully the main story/questline feels competent enough

• brain
Reactions: thelastword

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, honestly the main selling points of an open world game to me are traversal and combat. The rest is just whatever, hopefully the main story/questline feels competent enough
i like what i see, but it is just me, or games has some weird stutter all the time? i watch 60fps, at least it suppose to be and 60fps are very fluently going but this game has some sort of micro stutter. i can't grasp what it is. Forspoken thread has some video. latest from ign. and with graphical modes.

p.s. oh, and almost forgot, 2025 means nothing, for sure not that the game is coming to xbox.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
FF15 was cringeworthy trash that was embarrassing to be watched playing. No way I’m touching this when it’s that team. Honestly hoping it flops; probably will badly too. Oh well.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I am very confused about exactly what you are saying here. Correct me if I am wrong please but are you implying that people that did not like the game with her annoying quips are somehow sexist?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I am very confused about exactly what you are saying here. Correct me if I am wrong please but are you implying that people that did not like the game with her annoying quips are somehow sexist?

We’re gonna see sexism used to dismiss why people don’t find it appealing. Sure some people will but that’s not new? Samus, Tomb Raider… there’s no real trailblazing going on here for me to give any real legitimacy to those talking points of either opinion on it.

It don’t matter. I just straight up think it doesn’t look interesting. I’m also predisposed to never playing a game from the Ff15 team again.

So, as someone who likes to tease how Xbox players port beg for their console or pc…

Go ahead you can have these peanuts. Looks like shit anyway 🤣🤣😂🤣😂😂

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We’re gonna see sexism used to dismiss why people don’t find it appealing. Sure some people will but that’s not new? Samus, Tomb Raider… there’s no real trailblazing going on here for me to give any real legitimacy to those talking points of either opinion on it.

It don’t matter. I just straight up think it doesn’t look interesting. I’m also predisposed to never playing a game from the Ff15 team again.

So, as someone who likes to tease how Xbox players port beg for their console or pc…

Go ahead you can have these peanuts. Looks like shit anyway 🤣🤣😂🤣😂😂
yep, the game just does not look that great to me, the spells, the movement, and her damn voice.

I just find it strange someone thinks that people don't like the game because it has a talkative woman.

I am playing the last Tomb raider atm and am really enjoying it, even with that bloody talking woman in it...

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
2 year exclusive was already known.

This does not confirm anything about a Xbox version. That’s still up to Square Enix. Why do people create such misinformed pointless threads????

Status
Not open for further replies.