Forspoken will also arrive on Xbox Series X | S, but after January 23, 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I am very confused about exactly what you are saying here. Correct me if I am wrong please but are you implying that people that did not like the game with her annoying quips are somehow sexist?
One of the first gameplay trailers I saw, indeed, I thought the voice overs was relentless, she is defintely chatty in game, chatting don't bother me though it's more the voice, it reminded me of some MP voiceovers I heard from some MS conference in Mexico, I think XO18 and these voiceovers were a bit grating.....However, Chatting and dialogue can work, they work well in GOW and it's pretty entertaining if i do say so myself, however the chatting in Forspoken quickly took a back seat when I observed the worlds, particle effects, magic and combat. I think making the lines better and not so constant could be something they can work on or maybe they heard some feedback on it and have made some adjustments, but to me the meat and potatoes is there and that\s most important....

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
One of the first gameplay trailers I saw, indeed, I thought the voice overs was relentless, she is defintely chatty in game, chatting don't bother me though it's more the voice, it reminded me of some MP voiceovers I heard from some MS conference in Mexico, I think XO18..... Chatting and dialogue for example works well in GOW and it's pretty entertaining, however the chatting in Forspoken took a back seat when I observed the worlds, particle effects, magic and combat. I think making the lines better and not so constant could be something they can work on or maybe they heard some feedback on, but to me the meat and potatoes is there....
God of war is fantastic with advancing the story for sure, i enjoy those boat/horse rides in games, taking in the moment or telling a good joke.

But that bombardment of Cool, wicked, awesome, that shit needs to go.

Saying that, that kind of dialogue might be ok for a turtle game with Radical, bodacious dude, far out, if you know what I mean.

• haha
Reactions: thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
God of war is fantastic with advancing the story for sure, i enjoy those boat/horse rides in games, taking in the moment or telling a good joke.

But that bombardment of Cool, wicked, awesome, that shit needs to go.

Saying that, that kind of dialogue might be ok for a turtle game with Radical, bodacious dude, far out, if you know what I mean.
I see what you mean. Some of the dialogue is almost on the level of "Cowabunga". Hopefully they hear the feedback and turn it down a bit....

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I see what you mean. Some of the dialogue is almost on the level of "Cowabunga". Hopefully they hear the feedback and turn it down a bit....
It was the same for the first trailers for HZD and HFW both had Aloy taking out loud in them and in the full game they toned it down a lot so hopefully Square do the same, But if they do or not i will still buy this game as it looks good to me overall (y)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Both Tales of Arise and Ff7r made me want to find a way to mute character voices during combat. I just wanted to hear the music. Turning it down killed cutscene dialogue if I remember …

Please give me this option. I’m kinda done with the DBZ anime style yell out every attack. I get it. No more

Or even better… yo chill with that stuff

P

peter42O

The problem with Aloy in HFW talking constantly to herself is first, annoying as hell and second, she would spoil puzzles and whatnot by telling the player what to do. I have tutorials and hints OFF but yet, she's still giving me hints, why? I can see a blurb here and there or after a big combat encounter but not all the time. That shit is ridiculous.

As for Forspoken, it's not Freya that's the problem, it's the Cuff (a talking cuff, my God, smh) never shutting the fuck up and with the dialogue/script being cringy, it makes it worse. Add in the possibility that they could spoil stuff for you in the game that you have to solve and will be even worse.

I want my protagonist to be quiet when in the open world and whatnot. During cut scenes, talking NPC's, etc., then by all means, I want talking but not when im exploring the open world and whatnot solo. I don't need nor want the protagonist to keep talking for no apparent reason.

Still hoping it's good because combat looks great and the world looks beautiful albeit a little empty. Really interested in seeing the town(s) and how they are.

Reactions: Deleted member 13
D

Deleted member 13

The problem with Aloy in HFW talking constantly to herself is first, annoying as hell and second, she would spoil puzzles and whatnot by telling the player what to do. I have tutorials and hints OFF but yet, she's still giving me hints, why? I can see a blurb here and there or after a big combat encounter but not all the time. That shit is ridiculous.

As for Forspoken, it's not Freya that's the problem, it's the Cuff (a talking cuff, my God, smh) never shutting the fuck up and with the dialogue/script being cringy, it makes it worse. Add in the possibility that they could spoil stuff for you in the game that you have to solve and will be even worse.

I want my protagonist to be quiet when in the open world and whatnot. During cut scenes, talking NPC's, etc., then by all means, I want talking but not when im exploring the open world and whatnot solo. I don't need nor want the protagonist to keep talking for no apparent reason.

Still hoping it's good because combat looks great and the world looks beautiful albeit a little empty. Really interested in seeing the town(s) and how they are.
Good post! (y)

Reactions: peter42O

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

But knowing about Aloys past, isn't it normal that she talks a lot to herself?

I agree regarding the spoiling of puzzle solutions, though. I hope in an eventual sequel (or for other games), that devs rely more on the activity cards for hints in case somebody needs them.

P

peter42O

But knowing about Aloys past, isn't it normal that she talks a lot to herself?

I agree regarding the spoiling of puzzle solutions, though. I hope in an eventual sequel (or for other games), that devs rely more on the activity cards for hints in case somebody needs them.

It's just annoying. There should at least be an on/off option for talking to self in the open world for the third game. I know they reduced her talking with a patch later on but im pretty sure I already completed the game by then.

In general, not a fan of the protagonist talking to themselves when in the open world or almost any time for that matter. If there's another NPC or more characters with you, then it's good but solo, nope.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's just annoying. There should at least be an on/off option for talking to self in the open world for the third game. I know they reduced her talking with a patch later on but im pretty sure I already completed the game by then.

In general, not a fan of the protagonist talking to themselves when in the open world or almost any time for that matter. If there's another NPC or more characters with you, then it's good but solo, nope.

Completely agree, it really actually annoys me most of the time. Only time I can tolerate or enjoy it is with Nathan Drake.... cause it kinda suits his character and his quips are usually quite fitting and don't try my patience.

P

peter42O

Completely agree, it really actually annoys me most of the time. Only time I can tolerate or enjoy it is with Nathan Drake.... cause it kinda suits his character and his quips are usually quite fitting and don't try my patience.

I can't deal with the protagonist talking to themselves at all when solo. And puzzles, OMG, so many times, I was like, this is such a waste of time because your character is literally spoiling what to do in order to complete the puzzle. Even Drake after the first two games, I was like, please no more. I don't need the protagonist to keep talking for me to keep playing the game or stay interested or stay immersed. It's like, I bought the game, you got me, now shut up so I can play!!! lol

Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 13

Senua in Hellblade is awesome too.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
God damn Ginger hater.

Just admit it, when you see Aloy you see this.

Surprised Harry Potter GIF

Shame on you BIGOT!

• haha
Reactions: Jim Ryan
P

peter42O

God damn Ginger hater.

Just admit it, when you see Aloy you see this.

Haha. I do prefer brunettes over blondes and redheads. Hehe.

Aloy as a character is good but the constant self-talking was and is very annoying. I didn't like Deacon talking constantly either. Senua isn't as big of a deal because the game was like 12 hours or so for me. Compare that to 100+ hour open world game and for Horizon, two 100+ hour games in a row and a 20 hour expansion. Huge difference. Regardless, the protagonist talking to themselves in general is very annoying and im not a fan at all. So while I can deal with it, I would prefer all the protagonists to just shut the hell up.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Haha. I do prefer brunettes over blondes and redheads. Hehe.

Aloy as a character is good but the constant self-talking was and is very annoying. I didn't like Deacon talking constantly either. Senua isn't as big of a deal because the game was like 12 hours or so for me. Compare that to 100+ hour open world game and for Horizon, two 100+ hour games in a row and a 20 hour expansion. Huge difference. Regardless, the protagonist talking to themselves in general is very annoying and im not a fan at all. So while I can deal with it, I would prefer all the protagonists to just shut the hell up.
To be fair i did not mind Aloy talking to much but i do get your point.

The only thing i did not like about Aloy was when she was a child, she looked like that kid from mad max with the boomerang.

Aloy aged 10

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F37b4da47-758f-42ac-9544-a1e3c3d28ff3

P

peter42O

To be fair i did not mind Aloy talking to much but i do get your point.

The only thing i did not like about Aloy was when she was a child, she looked like that kid from mad max with the boomerang.

Aloy aged 10

I didn't mind playing with Aloy as a child but yeah, her face was kind of fugly. lol.

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 13
Status
Not open for further replies.