United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
PS4: Dynamic 1080p/60fps with TAAU
PS4 Pro: Dynamic 1296p/60fps with TAAU
PS5: - 60Hz Mode: Dynamic 2160p/60fps with TSR + Lumen + Nanite
PS5: - 120Hz Mode: Dynamic 1440p/120fps with TAAU​

- PS5 has a big difference in settings between 60Hz and 120Hz mode. The 60Hz mode enables TSR, Lumen and Nanite support.
- TSR (Temporal Super Resolution) is the new reconstruction technique created in Unreal Engine 5 to integrate with Lumen and Nanite.
- Lumen is the new UE5 lighting system that offers global illumination, reflections and shadows with results similar to Ray-Tracing at a much lower cost.
- Nanite is an advanced geometry system that allows a larger amount of polygons in assets without affecting performance.
- PS5 has better ambient occlusion, reflections, shadows and global illumination thanks to Lumen. There really is a generational difference in this section.
- PS5 60Hz draw distance is drastically superior thanks to Nanite and its integration with Lumen. With this technique 2D sprites to represent vegetation, for example, will be history.
- Lumen relies on SSR reflections to present more detail. The geometry quality of Lumen reflections are somewhat limited and some models (such as the player) will not be reflected. PS5 120Hz mode has no reflections (PS4 and PS4 Pro do use SSR reflections).
- PS4 performance issues. It is not able to maintain stable 60fps.

Reactions: AniWeeb and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
PS4: Dynamic 1080p/60fps with TAAU
PS4 Pro: Dynamic 1296p/60fps with TAAU
PS5: - 60Hz Mode: Dynamic 2160p/60fps with TSR + Lumen + Nanite
PS5: - 120Hz Mode: Dynamic 1440p/120fps with TAAU​

- PS5 has a big difference in settings between 60Hz and 120Hz mode. The 60Hz mode enables TSR, Lumen and Nanite support.
- TSR (Temporal Super Resolution) is the new reconstruction technique created in Unreal Engine 5 to integrate with Lumen and Nanite.
- Lumen is the new UE5 lighting system that offers global illumination, reflections and shadows with results similar to Ray-Tracing at a much lower cost.
- Nanite is an advanced geometry system that allows a larger amount of polygons in assets without affecting performance.
- PS5 has better ambient occlusion, reflections, shadows and global illumination thanks to Lumen. There really is a generational difference in this section.
- PS5 60Hz draw distance is drastically superior thanks to Nanite and its integration with Lumen. With this technique 2D sprites to represent vegetation, for example, will be history.
- Lumen relies on SSR reflections to present more detail. The geometry quality of Lumen reflections are somewhat limited and some models (such as the player) will not be reflected. PS5 120Hz mode has no reflections (PS4 and PS4 Pro do use SSR reflections).
- PS4 performance issues. It is not able to maintain stable 60fps.

The crazy thing i was watching some videos from Pc gamer and maybe it's just me but Fortnight is looking more like the world of warcraft to me.

I mean check out this video below

Replace the icons with some wow ones and for a second i thought it was the game lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.