Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
uz0Ip3i.jpg

• Beautiful and photorealistic visuals
  • 20 dynamic environments
  • 500 Cards

Summary​

• Built to take full advantage of the Xbox Series X|S consoles, Forza Motorsport delivers a generational leap in fidelity, immersion and realism.
  • Forza Motorsport will be available on Xbox Series X|S, Windows 10 and 11 PCs via the Microsoft Store and Steam, and Xbox Game Pass including console, PC and Cloud Gaming (Beta).
  • Forza Motorsport will feature over 500 cars for you to collect, race and customize with more than 800 unique upgrades and 20 environments featuring multiple track layouts.
Today, at Developer_Direct, we showed off a fresh look at Forza Motorsport and how we’re making the game look real, sound real and feel real through our cars, tracks and audio that deliver a generational leap in fidelity, immersion and realism. Forza Motorsport is coming later this year to Xbox Series X|S, Windows, Steam and Cloud Gaming (Beta) and we’d like to tell you all about it. Buckle up.

Cars Are More Dynamic Than Ever

Forza Motorsport will feature over 500 real-world cars at launch for you to collect, race and customize using more than 800 unique upgrades and custom modifications. We’re also delivering the most modern race cars that we have ever featured on our roster.

In addition to the number of cars, we have also made improvements to how they look by using a spectrophotometer,which captures multiple data points of light behavior on a surface. With this new sourcing technique, our paint models have a more realistic light response across colors, metal flake and gloss levels. Cars now have context-aware damage and dirt buildup that is authentic and unique to each vehicle, gathering more in the low-pressure areas like recesses and alcoves.

We’re also creating a more fun and rewarding driving experience thanks to the advances we’ve made in our physics simulation, which are greater than Forza Motorsport 5, 6, and 7 combined.

Forza Motorsport - Cars

Enhanced Tracks and New Locations

Forza Motorsport will start with 20 environments featuring multiple track layouts for players to master. In addition to fan favorites, you can race on five all-new-to-Motorsport locations including our first in South Africa – Kyalami. Because of the level of detail that went into the tracks through photogrammetry and laser scanned images, the team was able to depict 10 times more realistic detail including highly detailed vegetation and overgrowth. With all the cutting-edge visuals, including tens of thousands of fully animated 3D spectators, each player will feel immersed in the spectacle of racing.

Also new to Forza Motorsport, the game will have dynamic time of day with weather including track temperatures, wet driving surfaces and rubbering in for each track so that no two laps ever play the same. With all of the new features and detail in our track environments, Forza Motorsport will be a generationally new experience with a truly incredible level of authenticity.

Forza Motorsport - Tracks

More Immersive Sound Experience

We also partnered with Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos to create a more immersive audio composition for this next generation of Forza Motorsport. Each audio system was rebuilt to create an immersive soundscape and deliver a new level of sonic depth and authenticity to our players. For Forza Motorsport, this is a legacy spanning 20 years of ongoing development, and we continue to utilize the most up-to-date technology to enhance our car sounds at the highest fidelity possible. This includes improved tire and suspension audio, as well as exhausts and turbos that change as they’re modified to sound like their real-world counterparts. New features like our regional track announcer will allow players to hear experiences in the game like never before.

This is just a small peek inside for what is to come later this year. We are excited to share more details in the coming months on Forza Motorsport. For all the latest updates, check out the Forza blog.

Last edited:

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
No concrete date in 2023, seems it may miss that date with all of MS dev troubles if it's not locked yet. I was expecting at least a November announcement. They didn't show many tracks in depth though, except a bit of the South Africa track. Lots of replay footage though. Need to see realtime Series X footage. I really don't see it as a huge leap as they say, even with the replay footage.....

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I think this is the first confirmation of RT GI during game play as well, if I didn't mishear it ?

Before this we only knew about RT reflections.

Nice, this will be a tech showpiece for the consoles.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They need to get up with the lighting... it still makes it looks more "gamey".

I think this is the first confirmation of RT GI during game play as well, if I didn't mishear it ?

Before this we only knew about RT reflections.

Nice, this will be a tech showpiece for the consoles.
RTGI only in replay, garage and photo mode... Turn 10 confirmed to DF before.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No gameplay again? What a joke.
There are some very few seconds here and there but that is all.
A lot of scenes was cut from the previous trailers.

But for you luck there is a show tomorrow just for FM.

You just need to hope it is not just what they showed today.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Q: Does Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series X|S feature ray tracing?

A:  Forza Motorsport features real time ray tracing on track.

Well i guess the track will be well lit
I don't know why they are using that dumb way to say it.
But they explain in the next question.

Q: How does ray tracing work in Forza Motorsport?

A: Ray tracing bounces rays into the scene and does thousands of calculations to give us true reflections. Real-time calculations of this magnitude weren’t possible on previous generations.

It is using RT in reflections.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
RTGI only in replay, garage and photo mode... Turn 10 confirmed to DF before.
It's as if he never listens. Only way GI makes it in realtime along with reflections is on PC, but I doubt it. They won't want to differentiate too much from Series X and they also have the S which they need to make look decent enough.

Also, "For the first time in Forza" dynamic TOD with weather, that's way over a decade late to the party...

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Also, "For the first time in Forza" dynamic TOD with weather, that's way over a decade late to the party...
I wanted to necro a thread in GAF for that.
People really fighting to the last blood drop saying FM7 had it lol it was backed (you need to choose it at start of the race) and triggered at player progression in the track.

I told them that even linking a DF article about it.

Nice to finally have the confirmation of the obvious lol

Last edited:
Reactions: thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Did these guys say this is the most technical racer ever? The comparisons will be fun...It's supposed to be next gen only right?

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
If you include the Series S and PC lower specs in next-gen... yeap.
Comparisons with 1080p YT?
Credit to Lant_War@ERA.

image.png

Gran_Turismo_7_20230125181646.png
Man O Man. Can anyone confirm if any footage was from the Series X or are they still doing the high end PC thing? Just watched some F7 footage, I'm not seeing the next gen leap, but as I said I need to see a full lap on a track with max cars, full crowds etc...Hope we get more footage in 4K.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The bullshota from the trailer looked very good. The ones above not so much.

Still hoping this is a good game and that the handling is less floaty and oversteery than before.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

How is this tweeter seeing worse graphics in GT7 when there is no side to side comparison in realtime on both consoles. Also, If Forza is doing RT reflections in-game, depending on the reflection resolution that 4k won't be native, it will be dynamic....