Forza Motorsport Coming in 2023 | New Details Revealed

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
they funny thing about turn10 its how much the sound desperate to be the "defacto" racer for consoles,they used to throw shit at gt back in the day,they have dialed down that,maybe they realize they wont steal the crown from gt

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
they funny thing about turn10 its how much the sound desperate to be the "defacto" racer for consoles,they used to throw shit at gt back in the day,they have dialed down that,maybe they realize they wont steal the crown from gt
PSVR2 will make both not even comparable in immersion… so it is a lost battle for them from start.

And yes when FM released reviewers will end up comparing with what they experience GT7 with PSVR2.
It can’t be avoided.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
PSVR2 will make both not even comparable in immersion… so it is a lost battle for them from start.

And yes when FM released reviewers will end up comparing with what they experience GT7 with PSVR2.
It can’t be avoided.
i always laughed at moronic fanboys who attacked the gt series for being " boring racer instead of open world like horizont" salivating for this kind of game again,it never fails xD

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
i always laughed at moronic fanboys who attacked the gt series for being " boring racer instead of open world like horizont" salivating for this kind of game again,it never fails xD
Sites like Giant Bomb saying stupid shit like "corridor racers are obsolete" because of Horizon was fucking nauseating.

It was the second most ignorant thing ever said by Jeff Gerstmann, a self-proclaimed car nut. Most ignorant would be his not knowing the term "Hot Hatch" or its meaning when playing one of the Need for Speed games.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

- 500+ cars
- 20 different environments (tracks ?) with fully dynamic time of day and weather
- car damage like paint chip damage and weather accumulation
- 4k / 60 FPS with RT support (reflections for game play and reflections + GI for replay)

Looks fantastic and the idea that this engine will then be used in the next Horizon game is the icing on the cake.

Reactions: Bryank75
P

peter42O

Looks great. Wish there was more "damage" on the cars but I know why they can't do it. Sticking with my late September release date.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
should be a big game for PC gamers in 2023! Might quell some of the port begging for GT7 atleast.

Of course GT7 will always be the premium sim experience, but Forza's always been a good substitute for less discerning sim racer fans.

PC gamers, enjoy!

• haha
Reactions: thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
should be a big game for PC gamers in 2023! Might quell some of the port begging for GT7 atleast.

Of course GT7 will always be the premium sim experience, but Forza's always been a good substitute for less discerning sim racer fans.

PC gamers, enjoy!
The crazy thing is, this does not look like a generational leap, even with mainly replay footage. Where is the in-game footage, no one is asking for this, it's been years, what has turn 10 been doing? GT7 released almost a year ago, has released so much additional content and updates, they are about to release their VR version and Forza is still in limbo for a launch. They say it's a reboot, well some fans anyway, do you see anything so different about this one. What makes it a reboot, that they finally have Dynamic TOD , late 13 years to the party, that they accumulate dust under the wheel alcoves and crevices of cars?

Even in this footage, I see a plume of dust even before the car gets there, lots of fake stuff, cars still don't interact with the surface properly, the dust and gravel disturbance by tires/cars is still worse than GT5, farless Sport or 7. I'm watching a car go over a gravel bed with very little interaction, save some light dust, why? because from the angle or isometric view, the gravel bed looks like a flat texture. This game has been in dev too long for us to see nothing and where we can still pinpoint the same teething visual problems Forza. Why aren't the fans demanding some real gameplay footage. Had this been GT we would get several people asking for Kaz's head, even in the media, it's been over 5 years, no concrete date, the media got nothing but more replay footage and they're saying, it looks fine, it looks awesome even if they haven't seen a thing.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
The crazy thing is, this does not look like a generational leap, even with mainly replay footage. Where is the in-game footage, no one is asking for this, it's been years, what has turn 10 been doing? GT7 released almost a year ago, has released so much additional content and updates, they are about to release their VR version and Forza is still in limbo for a launch. They say it's a reboot, well some fans anyway, do you see anything so different about this one. What makes it a reboot, that they finally have Dynamic TOD , late 13 years to the party, that they accumulate dust under the wheel alcoves and crevices of cars?

Even in this footage, I see a plume of dust even before the car gets there, lots of fake stuff, cars still don't interact with the surface properly, the dust and gravel disturbance by tires/cars is still worse than GT5, farless Sport or 7. I'm watching a car go over a gravel bed with very little interaction, save some light dust, why? because from the angle or isometric view, the gravel bed looks like a flat texture. This game has been in dev too long for us to see nothing and where we can still pinpoint the same teething visual problems Forza. Why aren't the fans demanding some real gameplay footage. Had this been GT we would get several people asking for Kaz's head, even in the media, it's been over 5 years, no concrete date, the media got nothing but more replay footage and they're saying, it looks fine, it looks awesome even if they haven't seen a thing.
Gt7 is a handcrafted experience, vs forza which is recycled assets year after year, is my guess. Plus they can pull assets from the horizon games, and they share car models between the two games.

Forza is just a lazy, haphazard yearly rehash, where as each new GT is a once-in-a-gen experience.

Reactions: voke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
sebZM0Y.jpg
GT Planet is not eating the building from the ground claim…

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Gt7 is a handcrafted experience, vs forza which is recycled assets year after year, is my guess. Plus they can pull assets from the horizon games, and they share car models between the two games.

Forza is just a lazy, haphazard yearly rehash, where as each new GT is a once-in-a-gen experience.

Yep, car models are worse than Forza 4, but people won't see it because 4k...A new gen reboot, next gen only game.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think I understood now.

The “build everything from the ground” is not actually accurate… the press release says only materials and shaders are build from the ground.

That means they are reusing car models from 360 days like they did with FM5 and FM6.

It is the same issue PS faced with GT5/GT6 that lead than do drastic decrease the car count to focus only on new models mades for PS4 in GTS.

It will be fun to see how FM fans that heavy criticized the Premium / Base cars in GT5/GT7 will eat that crow now 😂😂😂

How many of 500 cars are premium?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like the Premium are over 100 cars.
The others cars are Standards models from 360.

Our roster includes over 100 new-to-Motorsport cars, and if there's one key piece of feedback that we've heard countless times from our community, it's that you want newer racing spec models and more of them. Therefore, we're excited to deliver the most modern race cars we've ever featured in a Forza Motorsport game.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Reactions: ethomaz