FTC administrative law judge orders Microsoft to comply with specific document requests from Complaint Counsel.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
FTC administrative law judge orders Activision and Microsoft to comply with specific document requests from Complaint Counsel.
Complaint Counsel said it was having trouble getting docs from MSFT and ATVI. Then counsel asked the judge to weigh in.
93CCA64E-599D-4442-99D9-7BC3743FD99D.jpeg

Microsoft and Activision object to the requests, calling them unduly burdensome. They don't want to have to submit duplicates. FTC argues that Complaint Counsel is not asking for information that has already been produced.
911BA3C1-208A-4F46-B922-63B0D86E0E39.jpeg

FTC law judge mentions a provision that limits the RFPs to 50 per party. ATVI and MSFT say Complaint Counsel's requests exceed the limit. ALJ Chappell reminds both companies that it's 50 requests per party, not 50 combined.
81A9989C-0A92-476D-B846-5198E73457EB.jpeg

Microsoft says it has already submitted over 2.5 million documents. Page 3 also gives more info on what a document refresh is.

D7A922D5-9C58-412F-9A0A-532921552FD5.jpeg

Derek Strickland

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
i still find it suspicious that both Microsoft and Activision denied giving documents because it was “bothersome”

That is one lame excuse! If you want the deal to pass, one would assume they would willingly do so,
Are they hiding things?

Well I guess MS will be busy with those documents… using those on paper shredders
Joking

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
i still find it suspicious that both Microsoft and Activision denied giving documents because it was “bothersome”

That is one lame excuse! If you want the deal to pass, one would assume they would willingly do so,
Are they hiding things?
I think they are just being difficult with the FTC as much as possible. It's clear from previous comments they don't have much respect for them like the other regulators.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I think they are just being difficult with the FTC as much as possible. It's clear from previous comments they don't have much respect for them like the other regulators.
From previous comments,Activision also do not respect the other regulators, neither does MS with their rampage on media.

But anyway that just causes frictions. Doesn’t make sense. Why would they act like that when they are making their situation more difficult?
The way I see it, they assumed things would go very smoothly but since it has not, they are acting like entitled little brats.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
It's Microsoft's and Activision's job to try and provide as little documentation as possible.
You mean they only should produce what requested and it’s normal to wait for court to demand the documentation?

It was the same for Sony, but people portrayed that situation very differently.
Yes this is what causing me confusion, there were “experts” on another forum saying that.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
It’s due to history. FTC tried to shatter Microsoft in the early 2000s, because of the many Monopoly lawsuits. But that asshat George W. Busch saved their ass. FTC was never a friend of Microsoft. It’s like Angel vs Satan, though Microsoft is the clearly the devil here. :p

Reactions: Deleted member 417