Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Tomorrow is the deadline for Microsoft to appeal CMA?
I think so. I would be surprised if they didn't at least try to appeal it. Be prepared for a bunch of articles repeating what Microsoft's arguments against the cma's decision are when they release their official statement. Though given that Sony's QA with investors and showcase are both tomorrow, MS latest attempt to force the deal through might get buried under all the other news.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Though given that Sony's QA with investors and showcase are both tomorrow, MS latest attempt to force the deal through might get buried under all the other news.

QA with investors isn't so important like showcase, but showcase tomorrow is very late, so, i think MS attempt won't go unnoticed

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
QA with investors isn't so important like showcase, but showcase tomorrow is very late, so, i think MS attempt won't go unnoticed
I think Sony QA and MS appeal are on the same level. Both are pretty standard procedure, though media may treat the appeal like a bigger deal than it is. Showcase being later in the day actually helps, as it will be the last big story of the day and the biggest one. Any traction the appeal gets will end once the show starts.

24 Jun 2022
I think so. I would be surprised if they didn't at least try to appeal it. Be prepared for a bunch of articles repeating what Microsoft's arguments against the cma's decision are when they release their official statement. Though given that Sony's QA with investors and showcase are both tomorrow, MS latest attempt to force the deal through might get buried under all the other news.

I can say for a fact I'm not paying any attention to the acquisition news tomorrow. I got my Doritios and eggrolls ready for dat Showcase, baby!

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
A member of the UK’s Competition Appeal Tribunal has urged enforcers to use behavioural remedies to approve a merger that raises competition issues if the deal would help facilitate the fight against climate change.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Reactions: Puff

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Reee will be tripping over themselves to explain how, ACKSHUALLEE, giving Bobby Kotick a golden parachute will lower global temperatures by 2 degrees.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Worth mentioning that a non profit assessed the credibility of companies' climate pledges recently. Sony and Apple are moderately credible, no one has high integrity, and all of these claims are net zero or neutral over the next 7-17 years. Note that Microsoft's pledge to be carbon negative, and reverse ALL emissions it's caused since the 1970s is not even featured. The equivalent of being too incredulous to even assess, or the result of having an opaque process that can't be assessed.

Allowing MS to gain power at the expense of Apple and Sony will have a demonstrably negative effect on the climate.

CCRM_Table2.jpg

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Worth mentioning that a non profit assessed the credibility of companies' climate pledges recently. Sony and Apple are moderately credible, no one has high integrity, and all of these claims are net zero or neutral over the next 7-17 years. Note that Microsoft's pledge to be carbon negative, and reverse ALL emissions it's caused since the 1970s is not even featured. The equivalent of being too incredulous to even assess, or the result of having an opaque process that can't be assessed.

Allowing MS to gain power at the expense of Apple and Sony will have a demonstrably negative effect on the climate.

CCRM_Table2.jpg

As I predicted, he's already saying how this emissions thing is actually great news for Microsoft, and the dumbfucks that follow him are buying into him. He's 100% a grifter and those idiots can't see beyond his BS arguments. Like, they don't even question that the company he's working for has a vested interest in this deal happening, they are that stupid.