Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Isn't the reach of the CMA just the UK? What could the CAT judge do here to allow it be closed in other countries?

Afaik MS and ABK are the ones that have CMA as an approver for the merger, so it's actually MS and ABK that have stopped themselves closing the deal everywhere else. Also add in the fact the FTC are suing to block, just doesn't sem realistic to me they would go ahead everywhere else.
That's a good point, I'm not sure what the MLex report is on about with regards to the cma supposedly forcing a block worldwide.

24 Jun 2022
I thought Idas would be neutral…seems I was wrong

He was never neutral, just among the least toxic of cheerleaders in favor of the deal.

It's only because complete spergtards like Florian Muller exist why folks like Idas look angelic by comparison. But trust and believe, he's still much in favor of the deal. They just aren't a balls-out fanboy lunatic about it.

Which at this point among those wanting the acquisition to happen, is slightly refreshing.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
That's a good point, I'm not sure what the MLex report is on about with regards to the cma supposedly forcing a block worldwide.
Just seems like a MS/ABK talking point to make the CMA look bad tbh.

I remember folks who were following the hearing on tuesday commenting how MS or ABK lawyers(can't remember which one) using a similar line, that they would have closed the deal if it wasn't for the CMA.

Annoyingly CAT haven't released the recording so can't verify myself, but apparently the transcript should be out soon.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
OK. Saw on Installbase one particular member started to posting - Curbstomp001
Very anti CMA

Around 15 post for now. But can someone recognize the way of writing posts?? Surely he must be on other forums. I'm thinking that i saw somewhere that kind of behaviour

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What happened to Phil btw? It's like since that infamous Redfall interview he diapered, dude usually loves the spotlight.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Very anti CMA

Around 15 post for now. But can someone recognize the way of writing posts?? Surely he must be on other forums. I'm thinking that i saw somewhere that kind of behaviour

Absolutely pathetic fanboy spouting drivel. Likely American, because only American Xbox fans seem to have such reverence for money that it manifests as contempt for the law.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I have a bad feeling this deal might close. Clumsy Microsoft would also be a terrible choice to be owners of Japanese game publishers and studios.

Imagine giving Homer Simpson infinite cash to design a new fleet of cars for a Japanese corporation. 🤢🤮
This will not happen. Again a company needs to be willing to sell. If Microsoft could then they proactive would have done so. Also for Japanese publishers Sony and Nintendo would cause a lot of ruckus and they could justify it. For the last option there would be only a hostile takeover, but that’s getting mercilessly blocked.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Very anti CMA

Isn't that SenjutsuSage? He was banned everywhere else and those wall of texts fit his writing style.