Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Yes, it is SenjutsuSage on Installbase. LOL

Checked his tweet history and posts on Installbase, talking about Meta Giphy and providing these tweets ( nobody tweeted that person until now ) on installbase, yes, it matches up

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Yes, it is SenjutsuSage on Installbase. LOL

Checked his tweet history and posts on Installbase, talking about Meta Giphy and providing these tweets ( nobody tweeted that person until now ) on installbase, yes, it matches up

What a failed tweet lol

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Isn't that SenjutsuSage? He was banned everywhere else and those wall of texts fit his writing style.

benedict cumberbatch sherlock GIF

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I have a bad feeling this deal might close. Clumsy Microsoft would also be a terrible choice to be owners of Japanese game publishers and studios.

Imagine giving Homer Simpson infinite cash to design a new fleet of cars for a Japanese corporation. 🤢🤮
There's a narrative going around about how Microsoft can buy Japanese publishers because Japanese anti-takeover law is not as restrictive as it used to be. I'd like to see some evidence of the situation. I read somewhere that some Japanese publishers were on a list of nationally important companies that were protected from hostile takeover, which is the only way Microsoft would get a foot in.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
There's a narrative going around about how Microsoft can buy Japanese publishers because Japanese anti-takeover law is not as restrictive as it used to be. I'd like to see some evidence of the situation. I read somewhere that some Japanese publishers were on a list of nationally important companies that were protected from hostile takeover, which is the only way Microsoft would get a foot in.
MS buying q Japanese publisher would be a misfire either way because it wouldn’t move the needle and the publisher would just die. 🤷🏻‍♂️

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The bots haven’t understood yet that the CAT cannot overrule and discard the Cloud SLC concerns? 😂
As I understand it, given that MS filed a 'review' type of appeal, the most the CAT can do in this situation is kick the case back to the CMA and pressure them/recommend that they make a different ruling.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
As I understand it, given that MS filed a 'review' type of appeal, the most the CAT can do in this situation is kick the case back to the CMA and pressure them/recommend that they make a different ruling.
Yep, the bots are living in dreaming in delusion land.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
That’s wrong on every level. In 2019 Japan have aggravated their laws for foreigners by a lot. For every share buy or acquisition, the board + the Japanese government needs to be informed as well. Japan has a different types of rules. This all but nothing than Xbox fanboy jabbering.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
That’s wrong on every level. In 2019 Japan have aggravated their laws for foreigners by a lot. For every share buy or acquisition, the board + the Japanese government needs to be informed as well. Japan has a different types of rules. This all but nothing than Xbox fanboy jabbering.
Like the hope of the deal passing… it’s all white noise with no really meaning or impact,

Reactions: Arminius

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I also saw that they were trying to strengthen laws earlier this year, so that checks out. I'm keen to understand the situation in more detail if you have links handy.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Gameplay gods bless on gaf seems to be the same type of aggressive (and aggressively stupid) Xbox grifter that just showed up on installbase as curbstomped001. He joined the forum at the time of the Bethesda acquisition, presumably to cheerlead. One thing these knucklefucks don't get is that $1 trillion doesn't matter. 69billion doesn't matter. You can throw whatever numbers you want out but if the CMA blocks it, you and the lawyers taking you for a ride are done.

Arminius

19 May 2023
People making comments on Twitter are saying the CMA has no legal ground to stand on. In what world?😂

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
One of the most annoying things about the discourse surrounding this deal is how much people keep parroting the narrative that allowing MS to buy anything and everything they want in the industry is somehow good for everyone. If you game on Playstation it doesn't help you at all.

Last edited: