Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Lmao, it is ridiculous the amount of non-profit work these clowns do for Microsoft. Has there been any other console gen where the gaming media has so blatantly taken sides?
They always did tbh, the discourse during the 360 gen was insanely xbox biased. Just before the ps4 and xbox one reveals, folks where pushing hard for sony going bankrupt and leaving console market.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They always did tbh, the discourse during the 360 gen was insanely xbox biased. Just before the ps4 and xbox one reveals, folks where pushing hard for sony going bankrupt and leaving console market.
I see. I was gaming during the 360 era, but I wasn't paying much attention to the media until last gen.

24 Jun 2022
If Sony actually knocked it out of the park with their showcase, would it have negatively affected their standing with the regulatory boards? I wouldn’t be surprised those in the courts know Sony’s plans anyway for legal reasons. Just a guess.

Not sure, but if they made Marathon exclusive to PS consoles the way I've seen some people say they should've, that would've hurt heir case with regulators for sure. Since they and Bungie already promised that Bungie's games would remain multiplatform, but the first new game from them since Destiny 2 suddenly skips Xbox? Not a good look.

Not at all.
The CAT will handle this and the CMA will accept remedies and bend the knee.

An unpaid fanboy following the tweets of a paid shill. You hate (love?) to see it.

Reactions: Nitro

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I see. I was gaming during the 360 era, but I wasn't paying much attention to the media until last gen.
Good you didn't, cause if you think now is bad... whoo boy.

GAF was the source of it aswell. If i had the energy i'd pull out the old threads, but i wouldn't know where to look or what the names of threads where.

What made it worse was sony was bleeding billions they lost everything they made in the ps2 era, there was genuine worry from the fans.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Look at this insane lie. The whole thing is predicated on the basis that this is a Sony vs Microsoft affair, which is conveniently what MS has been framing this as, when Google and other market participants including VG publishers are wholly in opposition to the deal.

Woof woof, says Florian, the filthy MS mutt.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Look at this insane lie. The whole thing is predicated on the basis that this is a Sony vs Microsoft affair, which is conveniently what MS has been framing this as, when Google and other market participants including VG publishers are wholly in opposition to the deal.

Woof woof, says Florian, the filthy MS mutt.

I'm enjoying this tbh, this whole saga is damaging their reputation. Let them go down that rabbit hole.

Last edited:

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Xbox fandom is an insane cult.

1amLQRj.png

Such a soulless shill

24 Jun 2022
Yeah, I go pretty hard on Derek on Twitter now. Politely, mind, but it's fun calling out his BS with facts in the posts of his that get any actual traction.

Unfortunate for him because I thought he was legit an honest neutral and only started seeing their name pop up this year, but it is what it is.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I only realised Derek is a journalist. Tweaktown joins the increasing list of websites I won't give a click to.
Imagine calling yourself a journalist and tweeting that 😂

Reactions: Arminius

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yeah, Tom is straight up spitting facts 😂
It's the "worst person you know makes a good point" meme. It's also a battle between the ones desperate for this deal to go through and and grasping at any conspiracy to make it happen versus the ones who are slightly more grounded in reality.

Reactions: Dick Jones

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It's the "worst person you know makes a good point" meme. It's also a battle between the ones desperate for this deal to go through and and grasping at any conspiracy to make it happen versus the ones who are slightly more grounded in reality.
I think Tom realises that it's a weak argument that makes all people fighting for the merger look like unhinged lunatics. I will not mock Tom Warren until July 2023.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nitro