Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Man, the adoration and obsession with “muh hecking library of thousands of games for only this much” is hilarious. I guess this is why the number of Xbox apologists seems to increase every year. These folks just want to consume, not thinking about how this “supposedly friendly consumer” policy is devaluing games.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Man, the adoration and obsession with “muh hecking library of thousands of games for only this much” is hilarious. I guess this is why the number of Xbox apologists seems to increase every year. These folks just want to consume, not thinking about how this “supposedly friendly consumer” policy is devaluing games.
The same is available on ps+. This point is extremely moot currently.

Reactions: Ezekiel

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
These paid bots are so obsessed with this deal
sometimes I think if this deal blocked means ms will sell the Xbox division
I don't think this will happen to be honest
But the way these bots acts with their alt accounts in every videogames fourms make it so obvious no deal = bye bye xbox

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
They’re attempting to make it be a scandal that the cma talked to the ftc. So what if they did? Are they not allowed to? Serious question.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
These paid bots are so obsessed with this deal
sometimes I think if this deal blocked means ms will sell the Xbox division
I don't think this will happen to be honest
But the way these bots acts with their alt accounts in every videogames fourms make it so obvious no deal = bye bye xbox
They tried to sell that money pit of a division prior to the XBox One generation, and nobody was willing to buy it because it had no path to profitability. It’s ten times worse now, so it will just be taken out back and shot once the deal is declared dead for real.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They tried to sell that money out of a division prior to the XBox One generation, and nobody was willing to buy it because it had no path to profitability. It’s ten times worse now, so it will just be taken out back and shot once the deal is declared dead for real.

They'd have to sell it off piecemeal, probably.

There are many valuable IP's that have long histories that would be a shame to lose if they were just locked away.

The absolute damage these MSFT acquisitions have done to gaming... in the end it will be quantifiable but it already seems massive.
Developers with just waves and waves of talented people leaving. Being forced to tether your games to a failing model...for nothing.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They'd have to sell it off piecemeal, probably.

There are many valuable IP's that have long histories that would be a shame to lose if they were just locked away.

The absolute damage these MSFT acquisitions have done to gaming... in the end it will be quantifiable but it already seems massive.
Developers with just waves and waves of talented people leaving. Being forced to tether your games to a failing model...for nothing.
The IP would have value to a post-XBox Microsoft, nothing else would, so I really doubt MS would sell anything off rather than just take a massive write-down for shuttering the division for the tax break the ”loss” would allow them.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Spider Man Lol GIF

MrRevocs1256

28 Apr 2023
Where are all of thes people coming out of the woodwork from?
Peter is a gamepass slave, GamePass broke a lot of people, conditioned them to not buy games. Hence why every Xbox version of the games is selling terribly
Also probably buyers remorse, they got tricked to buy a useless box second time in a row