FTC Wants More Information About Microsoft's Future ZeniMax Exclusivity And Its 10-Year Deals - GameSpot

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's a nice little break for the forum, lmao.
He could be a good poster if he wanted too but he doesn't. He's just here to troll and fight because he knows he wouldn't last 5 minutes under his account on GAF and ERA.

I never reported any of his posts so I feel clean. Bye AdamGPT.

Disney Reaction GIF

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
OT but the reason:
You have had multiple reports made against you just in the last few months, Written warnings and Warning Points. You seem to know how to skirt the line to avoid any punishment but it seems also that you have not learned from past mistakes.

OT: The guy had over 40 reports since Jan 1st 2023, Was warned multiple times in Written form and Points added to his account.
We have had people complain in DM's as he knows what he is doing and digging at people trying to rile them up.
He has been banned in the past so this is the second time, the date was a random date put in it can get lowered or increased which will happen some time in the future.

Quick edit: This was discussed at length with all admin and moderators, It was not just on a whim and out of no where.

I thought I was one of the few to notice this. Thanks for the update Tubz.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
🤷‍♂️

I'm looking for an actual announcement press-release from the "already announced multiplatform" portion of the post I quoted.

If you've got that, please feel free to post. No need to post lengthy replies that don't actually have the factual thing I specifically asked for.
Adam, don’t behave like a clown, you’re smarter than this.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
What happens if they don’t cooperate?

I'm not an expert on this, but the FTC wants a judgment which will compel MS to provide the documents they've already requested. Were that judgment given, and MS still refused to provide the documents, then it would go beyond stonewalling the FTC and enter the realm of legal consequences - I'm not sure what those would look like in a situation like this, though.

As well, in this situation MS and ABK are already not cooperating which is why the FTC is seeking this:

[PROPOSED] ORDER

Upon consideration of Complaint Counsel’s Motion to Compel Microsoft Corp.
(“Microsoft”) and Activision Blizzard, Inc. (“Activision”) (collectively, The “Respondents”) to
Produce Documents Requested by Complaint Counsel’s Second Set of Requests for Production
of Documents, and any opposition thereto,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Complaint Counsel’s Motion is GRANTED.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Respondents shall immediately run the searches
attached to Complaint Counsel’s Motion to Compel as Exhibit A and otherwise take all
necessary steps towards producing to Complaint Counsel all requested documents responsive to
Request Nos. 1, 3, 6, 11, and 16 to Respondent Microsoft, and Request Nos. 1, 2, 5, 7, and 8 to
Respondent Activision from Complaint Counsel’s Second Set of Requests for Production of
Documents issued on January 27, 2023 within 21 days from the issuance of this Order.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Driveby comment, but I'm fairly sure Starfield wasn't announced properly yet. But behind the scenes it was built as multiplaform, and Sony were negotiating a 3rd party exclusive. That came to light during the buyout, right?

Then after the buyout, Bethesda peeps came out and apologised cause Stanfield was now only going to appear for XB. So this is established/confirmed, after the fact. Right?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But behind the scenes it was built as multiplaform, and Sony were negotiating a 3rd party exclusive. That came to
Yes it was a multiplatform game but the Sony negotiating an exclusive was a rumor because of stuff like Ghostwire or Deathloop.

It was never proven but the xbots ran with that narrative for months until Starfield was announced Xbox exclusive. Then they tried to pretend it was exclusive all along making themselves look like clown like Adam here.

They can't never keep a straight story 🤡

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
One dude on reddit said sony wanted to make starfield exclusive and every1 went with it. Like wtf? People re repeating it to this day.
The original rumor about Sony going to all 3rd parties was from an Era user and journalist. He never specified Starfield by name, that was made up.

And 3 years later we can say that rumor was fake because Sony didn't get exclusives besides the ones that were announced at the beginning of the gen.

Edit - he actually did mention Starfield by name

Last edited:

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
The whole "Sony tried to get Starfield exclusivity" story is most likely BS, even if it were true 1) Todd would have stopped that, since that game was clearly always intended to be multiplatform and 2) none of that justifies an anti-consumer move of the scale of buying out the entire publisher.

• they're_right_you_know

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Knowing MS, they will probably rush to announce a late PS5 port NOW, and then say "but we were never going to keep Bethesda games off PS5, honest!"

24 Jun 2022
Yes it was a multiplatform game but the Sony negotiating an exclusive was a rumor because of stuff like Ghostwire or Deathloop.

It was never proven but the xbots ran with that narrative for months until Starfield was announced Xbox exclusive. Then they tried to pretend it was exclusive all along making themselves look like clown like Adam here.

They can't never keep a straight story 🤡

It really doesn't add up considering if you look at the games Sony actually got exclusivity for. Deathloop & Ghostwire were both new IP and "smaller" Zenimax titles. If they were actually going for Starfield exclusivity, why did they not get exclusivity for Street Fighter 6, RE4 Remake, or another big 3P AAA that isn't Final Fantasy?

I think the Starfield exclusivity rumors were part of those rumors back in 2020 that Sony were talking with every 3P for a AAA exclusive, but that rumor was always unfounded. Guess maybe to create an "Xbox is the underdog" narrative.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sony are morons for not using their PC ports against MS. They could have started by porting their top games to Mac and Linux only, as that would started eroding the "only Windows works" narrative for PC gaming at least.

Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sony are morons for not using their PC ports against MS. They could have started by porting their top games to Mac and Linux only, as that would started eroding the "only Windows works" narrative for PC gaming at least.
If Sony wanted to erode Microsoft's PC market then all they would have to do is enter into a long term collaboration with Steam to enhance proton and their linux-based game OS.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
If Sony wanted to erode Microsoft's PC market then all they would have to do is enter into a long term collaboration with Steam to enhance proton and their linux-based game OS.
And port games exclusively to SteamOS. As long as you depend on Proton to game on Linux, it's because developers are still shackled to Windows and DirectX.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The whole "Sony tried to get Starfield exclusivity" story is most likely BS, even if it were true 1) Todd would have stopped that, since that game was clearly always intended to be multiplatform and 2) none of that justifies an anti-consumer move of the scale of buying out the entire publisher.
One dude on reddit said sony wanted to make starfield exclusive and every1 went with it. Like wtf? People re repeating it to this day.
It really doesn't add up considering if you look at the games Sony actually got exclusivity for. Deathloop & Ghostwire were both new IP and "smaller" Zenimax titles. If they were actually going for Starfield exclusivity, why did they not get exclusivity for Street Fighter 6, RE4 Remake, or another big 3P AAA that isn't Final Fantasy?

I think the Starfield exclusivity rumors were part of those rumors back in 2020 that Sony were talking with every 3P for a AAA exclusive, but that rumor was always unfounded. Guess maybe to create an "Xbox is the underdog" narrative.
I edited my post because Imran actually did name Starfield. It doesn't prove anything really but it's all coming from the same rumor. Sony never got exclusives from 2k, Ubi, WB, Capcom or Acti so the rumor was false, unless they all refused lol.

D

Deleted member 417

Knowing MS, they will probably rush to announce a late PS5 port NOW, and then say "but we were never going to keep Bethesda games off PS5, honest!"
This is exactly what is going to happen. Phil even said as much, albeit behind cleverly disguised words. They wouldn't lie to the regulators with the ABK deal going on, or if they were going to lie to the regulators, you can bet pounds to pennies that Bethesda is blowing the dust off of an old PS5 build of starfield.

Starfield is exclusive to Xbox. Starfield is coming to PS5. Both of those statements can be true, and are.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

It's a made-up narrative that's been used to excuse MS' actions fairly routinely by some of the more zealous fans. I've seen the gamut - MS had to buy publishers because Sony was trying to take games away from XBox, Sony started this consolidation war because they tried to buy all the third party exclusives, Sony just wants to make sure games don't get on Game Pass, etc. You get the gist. It's just a convenient way to hand wave away any criticism of Xbox and continue with the naive outlook that there are good guys and bad guys with corporations - and that somehow MS is the good guy and, as you said, the underdog in all this.

• they're_right_you_know