FTC Wants More Information About Microsoft's Future ZeniMax Exclusivity And Its 10-Year Deals - GameSpot

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The history doesn't help MS.

They say they will keep CoD multiplatform... so it is their strongest point to get regulators to approve the deal.

But they basically locked in exclusivity every game they released after ZeniMax including changing already announced AAA multiplatform games like Starfield e EOS6.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The history doesn't help MS.

They say they will keep CoD multiplatform... so it is their strongest point to get regulators to approve the deal.

But they basically locked in exclusivity every game they released after ZeniMax including changing already announced AAA multiplatform games like Starfield e EOS6.

They did ? must have missed that press release.

Care to share where they were announced as a multiplatform game, please ?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

First, lets address your dishonesty. When a game like Fallout 4 sold 58% of its copies week 1 on the PS4, that should be more than enough of an argument to say that it would come to all consoles including Sony's. But no, you require absolute proof that it was coming, as if that's not a given.

Perhaps we should look at what Peter Hines said, shall we?

But I guess him saying "is no longer available" somehow translates to "urr durr it was never available".

It was so not comming to Playstation that Sony was reportedly negotiating its exclusive.

So please, spare us your bullshit.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
* LOTS OF WORD BUT NO PRESS RELEASE *

🤷‍♂️

I'm looking for an actual announcement press-release from the "already announced multiplatform" portion of the post I quoted.

If you've got that, please feel free to post. No need to post lengthy replies that don't actually have the factual thing I specifically asked for.

• haha
Reactions: Rivet

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
🤷‍♂️

I'm looking for an actual announcement press-release from the "already announced multiplatform" portion of the post I quoted.

If you've got that, please feel free to post. No need to post lengthy replies that don't actually have the factual thing I specifically asked for.

You can ignore what I said all you want.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
🤷‍♂️

Have you ever heard of the saying “where there’s smoke, there is fire?” Just because they never announce it publicly doesn’t mean it was not true. Use your common sense.

You are just deflecting, you know if this was Sony you would be saying worse.
Well of course I am, it doesn't have what I asked for. You can feel free not to quote my posts if you don't have the answer to a very specific question being asked.
No need to be passive aggressive.

MS honor is still intact. You done them gud.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
🤷‍♂️

This is so disingenuous.

Sony was negotiating for timed exclusivity before Zenimax was bought.

The Bethesda marketing exec apologized to Playstation players for what happened.

To actually try and suggest Starfield was not a multiplatform game before MS pulled the rug (after saying they wouldn't during the acquisition process) is so freaking disingenuous. You are basically lying through your teeth. Even given all of this, it would make no sense as a business to launch exclusively on the worst selling platform in the entire world.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
🤷‍♂️

Where is the press release for SFV, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Rebirth, FF16 or Kena? You don't ask the same when it's on the other side, AdamGPT. You need a new firmware for that malware infestation.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
To actually try and suggest Starfield was not a multiplatform game before MS pulled the rug (after saying they wouldn't during the acquisition process) is so freaking disingenuous. You are basically lying through your teeth. Even given all of this, it would make no sense as a business to launch exclusively on the worst selling platform in the entire world.

I'm not suggesting anything. The poster I quoted said, and I quote, "already announced AAA multiplatform games like Starfield e EOS6."

I am simply asking for press releases where those announcements were made.

If Sony had managed to secure exclusivity, it would not have been announced as a multi-platform game in that case either.

Do you get what I'm saying?

Where is the press release for SFV, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Rebirth, FF16 or Kena? You don't ask the same when it's on the other side, AdamGPT. You need a new firmware for that malware infestation.

Is "whataboutism" the official Icon-Era motto these days or what ? :ROFLMAO: I didn't invoke those names or say they were 'already announced multi-platform games'.

Come on, you can do better.

• haha

EN250

17 Feb 2023
What, they don't know? it's a "game to game basis" = they'll not say it till it's close to launch and then force multiplat games to be exclusive, but hey! poor MS needs to be able to "compete" so they need to buy every 3P publisher possible to force long running multiplatform games into exclusives... :rolleyes:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm not suggesting anything. The poster I quoted said, and I quote, "already announced AAA multiplatform games like Starfield e EOS6."

If Sony had managed to secure exclusivity, it would not have been announced as a multi-platform game in that case either.

Is "whataboutism" the official Icon-Era motto these days or what ? :ROFLMAO: I didn't invoke those names or say they were 'already announced multi-platform games'.

Come on, you can do better.
go play Grounded

• Shake
Reactions: adamsapple

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
🤷‍♂️

I think its pretty fair to say those games would 100% be coming to ps5 before the buyout, Millions of fans just like me got fucked by the company you are supporting.

Not good Adam, not good.

Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think its pretty fair to say those games would 100% be coming to ps5 before the buyout, Millions of fans just like me got fucked by the company you are supporting.

Not good Adam, not good.

Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon
Bethesda themselves said that they were creating PS5 version, before m$ bought them and they told them to scrap that version. it can't be more official than that.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023

If Sony wanted to make a deal with Starfield which means it was already in development for nextgen consoles (PS5, XS) After Bethesda acquisition, MS ditched PS5 version. If Sony tried to make a deal for Starfield more than 2 years ago, you can't make that kind of game in 2+ years from ground up and be ready for 2023 exclusively for Xbox platform.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If Sony wanted to make a deal with Starfield which means it was already in development for nextgen consoles (PS5, XS) After Bethesda acquisition, MS ditched PS5 version. If Sony tried to make a deal for Starfield more than 2 years ago, you can't make that kind of game in 2+ years from ground up and be ready for 2023 exclusively for Xbox platform.
he perfectly know all of this, he just argue for the sake of arguing over term - officially announce.

iAMJeffy

29 Oct 2022

It was announced in 2018 for "next gen" consoles which many media took to mean the successors of X1 and PS4. Bethesda did not deny any of this.

And this interview with the head of publishing of Bethesda basically confirms that there was no consideration of narrowing down their reach of multiplatform populations until they got bought out by Xbox.

(The first one, not Phil's. Ignore the tweets just watch the first vid)