FTC Wants More Information About Microsoft's Future ZeniMax Exclusivity And Its 10-Year Deals - GameSpot

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
It was announced in 2018 for "next gen" consoles which many media took to mean the successors of X1 and PS4. Bethesda did not deny any of this.

"next-gen game", does not specify any platforms, anything in there is IGN's inference.

And this interview with the head of publishing of Bethesda basically confirms that there was no intention of narrowing down their reach of multiplatform populations until they got bought out by Xbox.

(The first one, not Phil's. Ignore the tweets just watch the first vid)

ok ... that's got nothing to do with this but sure ?

If Sony wanted to make a deal with Starfield which means it was already in development for nextgen consoles (PS5, XS) After Bethesda acquisition, MS ditched PS5 version. If Sony tried to make a deal for Starfield more than 2 years ago, you can't make that kind of game in 2+ years from ground up and be ready for 2023 exclusively for Xbox platform.

This has absolutely nothing to do with either what I said or the post I quoted said. All modern games are developed on a PC like environment and both consoles are x86 so porting from one to the other isn't as daunting of a task as it was porting games from 360 to the cell architecture or vice versa.

But that's not what I asked for. Please read my first post in this topic.

I think its pretty fair to say those games would 100% be coming to ps5 before the buyout, Millions of fans just like me got fucked by the company you are supporting.

Not good Adam, not good.

Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

Sircaw my brother from another mother, I am not disputing anything anyone has said.

I have simply asked the poster who was extremely confident about, and I quote once again, ""already announced AAA multiplatform games like Starfield e EOS6."" to show me where they one or both of them were 'already announced' as 'multiplatform games'.

The kicker is that if Sony had gotten their way and secured the money hat for both of them like Deathloop and Ghostwire, they would be announced for PS5 but they would still not be a multi-platfrom release for Xbox on release, wouldn't they ?

Everyone is jumping on random tweets and articles and completely ignoring what I actually asked the poster for, who himself as conveniently disappeared from this topic now 😬

go play Grounded

30qhk9v2tm391.jpg

iAMJeffy

29 Oct 2022
"next-gen game", does not specify any platforms, anything in there is IGN's inference.

ok ... that's got nothing to do with this but sure ?

This has absolutely nothing to do with either what I said or the post I quoted said. All modern games are developed on a PC like environment and both consoles are x86 so porting from one to the other isn't as daunting of a task as it was porting games from 360 to the cell architecture or vice versa.

But that's not what I asked for. Please read my first post in this topic.

Sircaw my brother from another mother, I am not disputing anything anyone has said.

I have simply asked the poster who was extremely confident about, and I quote once again, ""already announced AAA multiplatform games like Starfield e EOS6."" to show me where they one or both of them were 'already announced' as 'multiplatform games'.

The kicker is that if Sony had gotten their way and secured the money hat for both of them like Deathloop and Ghostwire, they would be announced for PS5 but they would still not be a multi-platfrom release for Xbox on release, wouldn't they ?

Everyone is jumping on random tweets and articles and completely ignoring what I actually asked the poster for, who himself as conveniently disappeared from this topic now 😬

30qhk9v2tm391.jpg

Next generation of consoles normally means multiplatform otherwise they would say Xbox or just PC. Historically that's always been the case especially given how long Starfield has been in development.

Anyways you can play the semantics game or you can read between the lines of what has been told to us.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

Next generation of consoles normally means multiplatform otherwise they would say Xbox or just PC. Historically that's always been the case especially given how long Starfield has been in development.

Anyways you can play the semantics game or you can read between the lines of what has been told to us.

Again, I am not the one playing the semantics game. I simply asked the user who did so and they have completely abandoned the thread, leaving a lot of other users to try and defend it. I don't care what platforms it might have been in development *for* at any time. Read the post I quoted and read what I asked them.

It is a fact that if Sony had managed to get timed exclusivity, it'd still not be 'multi-platform' at launch.

If someone counts PC as part of being multi-platform, well good news, it's multi-platform even now when it launches in September (Starfield that is, no idea when TES VI will launch).

Why that fuck we still arguing if Bethesda games were multiplat before the acquisition. Who that fuck is going to make exclusives for xbox that barely sells

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

To be honest, there's no proof Starfield is exclusive.

I still maintain that it and other Bethesda games are coming to PS5.

Could very likely. (y)

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
To be honest, there's no proof Starfield is exclusive.

I still maintain that it and other Bethesda games are coming to PS5.

Again, I am not the one playing the semantics game. I simply asked the user who did so and they have completely abandoned the thread, leaving a lot of other users to try and defend it. I don't care what platforms it might have been in development *for* at any time. Read the post I quoted and read what I asked them.

It is a fact that if Sony had managed to get timed exclusivity, it'd still not be 'multi-platform' at launch.

If someone counts PC as part of being multi-platform, well good news, it's multi-platform even now when it launches in September (Starfield that is, no idea when TES VI will launch).

Could very likely. (y)

From Eurogamer interview a year ago

Obviously I can't sit here and say every Bethesda game is [an Xbox] exclusive, because we know that's not true," he explained. "There's contractual obligations that we're going to see through. We have games that exist on other platforms and we're going to go and support those games on the platforms they're on. There's communities of players - we love those communities and will continue to invest in them - and even in the future there might be...either contractual things or legacy on different platforms that we'll go do."

That quote from Phil Spencer is regarding existing games. Allright then. Next quote is for future games :

But if you're an Xbox customer," Spencer continued, "the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. And that's our goal, that's why we're doing this, that's the root of this partnership that we're building - and the creative capability we'll be able to bring to market for Xbox customers is going to be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."

So, no Gamepass on PS5 or Switch.

D

Deleted member 417

So, no Gamepass on PS5 or SwSwitch.

From the last quote Spencer is talking directly to xbox gamers and including PC in there, without explicitly saying it

"If you're an xbox customer...ship exclusive games...on platforms where gamepass exists"

He also doesn't clearly state his definition of exclusive, seems as it is coming to PC, but on gamepass.

It is entirely possible that these are timed exclusives and will hit steam and ps5 later

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
From the last quote Spencer is talking directly to xbox gamers and including PC in there, without explicitly saying it

"If you're an xbox customer...ship exclusive games...on platforms where gamepass exists"

He also doesn't clearly state his definition of exclusive, seems as it is coming to PC, but on gamepass.

It is entirely possible that these are timed exclusives and will hit steam and ps5 later

You wont see Gamepass on PS5 or Switch. Of course PC is included, Gamepass exists there, but there is no need to mention PC version, though

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They did ? must have missed that press release.

Care to share where they were announced as a multiplatform game, please ?
I’m not even sure what you are looking for.

The game was already announced way before MS acquisition for NEXT-GEN consoles (cut the crap it was talking Series X and Series S lol).
The developer themselves said they were working on PlayStation 5 version and even confirmed it after the acquisition happened.

And I have no issue with it being exclusive but these are premises that make regulators not believe in Microsoft… their own past go against their own arguments and regulators takes them as lies (that is why FTC is asking Zenimax contracts before MS took place).

The ideia for you that Starfield and EOS6 were exclusives before MS forced it is crazy 😂😂😂

Last edited:

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The ideia for you that Starfield and EOS6 were exclusives before MS forced it is crazy 😂😂😂

I literally didn't say that and I see that the same few people who are parroting the argument have already left their reaction emojis :ROFLMAO:

You said that Starfield and ES6 were announced multi platform projects, if they were both announced and for multiple platforms, show me the press release where that happened.

I will say this again because it seems to be too complicated for some folks here to fathom:

Even if Sony managed to get the (timed) exclusivity rights for them like Deathloop and Ghostwire, they would not have been announced as multi-platform games.

Think a little before replying again, or just admit that you don't have a press release stating what you said and we can call it a day.

🥳

D

Deleted member 417

You wont see Gamepass on PS5 or Switch. Of course PC is included, Gamepass exists there, but there is no need to mention PC version, though
You misunderstand. In your quote, Phil Spencer was talking to xbox customers. Reassuring them that starfield is exclusive to devices with gamepass. What he doesn't say is PC (assuming it isn't coming to steam or egs) specifically because there are more storefronts than just gamepass.

He never says that the games are exclusive forever or that they won't be coming to PS5. Read between the lines of what he's saying.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yes I’m sure Starfield would have been Xbox exclusive if Microsoft hadn’t acquired Bethesda.

Give it a rest.

The Usual suspect defending Microsoft like his life depended on it.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I literally didn't say that and I see that the same few people who are parroting the argument have already left their reaction emojis :ROFLMAO:

You said that Starfield and ES6 were announced multi platform projects, if they were both announced and for multiple platforms, show me the press release where that happened.

I will say this again because it seems to be too complicated for some folks here to fathom:

Even if Sony managed to get the (timed) exclusivity rights for them like Deathloop and Ghostwire, they would not have been announced as multi-platform games.

Think a little before replying again, or just admit that you don't have a press release stating what you said and we can call it a day.

🥳
Imagine wasting all this time in your life because of the word "announced" like it's going to change anything. All the regulators worldwide, Sony and Bethesda already called them out because of it.

You're arguing for no reason. We all know they were not exclusives. Drop it already.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Phil Spencer was talking to xbox customers. Reassuring them that starfield is exclusive to devices with gamepass. What he doesn't say is PC

I could mention PC in one of previous post, but i didn't. It is understandable Gamepass is there.
He never says that the games are exclusive forever or that they won't be coming to PS5. Read between the lines of what he's saying.

He said "where Gamepass exists." You won't see Gamepass on PS or Nintendo platforms. Are you trying to say that Phil Spencer never mentioned Starfield as exclusive for Xbox platform??

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

He said "where Gamepass exists." You won't see Gamepass on PS or Nintendo platforms. Are you trying to say that Phil Spencer never mentioned Starfield as exclusive for Xbox platform??
he is talking to xbox customers, not you or me. He is reassuring xbox customers that starfield is exclusive. Except, he throws the caveat of "platforms where gamepass exists" which means xbox and PC. He can't say PC because (I'm not sure, this is just a guess) that he can't legally say exclusive to PC because it is not on all PC platforms.

Plus he never specifically says what he means by exclusive. Deathloop was exclusive for ps5...for a certain amount of time.

All we can take from that interview/quote, is that Starfield will be exclusive to xbox and 'platforms with gamepass'. The exclusive definition is never given, but seems as it is not just coming to xbox series consoles, they're already playing hard and fast with the term exclusive.

There is no evidence at all that Starfield will not launch on ps5. There is evidence, strong, legal evidence, that starfield and Bethesda games WILL come to ps5 at some point.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Deathloop was exclusive for ps5...for a certain amount of time.

Yes, timed. Why are you talking in riddles. Simple, it was timed.
Plus he never specifically says what he means by exclusive.

Elder Scrolls 6 is exclusive to Xbox. Simple as that.
The exclusive definition is never given, but seems as it is not just coming to xbox series consoles, they're already playing hard and fast with the term exclusive.

It is coming to PC, and Gamepass exists there. Simple as that

There is no evidence at all that Starfield will not launch on ps5. There is evidence, strong, legal evidence, that starfield and Bethesda games WILL come to ps5 at some point.

Which is???

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Imagine wasting all this time in your life because of the word "announced" like it's going to change anything. All the regulators worldwide, Sony and Bethesda already called them out because of it.

Imagine spending all this time to try and gotcha with everything and the kitchen sink in the absence of the actual proof of what was asked.

Please quote me if you have the actual evidence, not anecdotal rhetoric or just acknowledge that your friend fucked up, simple as that dear 💚

You're arguing for no reason. We all know they were not exclusives. Drop it already.
Yes I’m sure Starfield would have been Xbox exclusive if Microsoft hadn’t acquired Bethesda.

That comments like this are being made just shows that y'all don't actually read, but just post based on emotions.

Read first, reply later 🤭

Last edited:
  • angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 417

Yes, timed. Why are you talking in riddles. Simple, it was timed.
Timed exclusive and still called exclusive.
Elder Scrolls 6 is exclusive to Xbox. Simple as that.
I disagree
It is coming to PC, and Gamepass exists there. Simple as that
It is coming to PC but not egs. So he can't say its exclusive to xbox and PC.
Which is???
Microsoft telling the regulators that they won't take es6 away from Sony.

Show me evidence where anyone has said the contrary.