FTC Wants More Information About Microsoft's Future ZeniMax Exclusivity And Its 10-Year Deals - GameSpot

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
🤷‍♂️

I'm looking for an actual announcement press-release from the "already announced multiplatform" portion of the post I quoted.

If you've got that, please feel free to post. No need to post lengthy replies that don't actually have the factual thing I specifically asked for.
GIF by Dolittle

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I disagree

Phil Spencer's words. Not mine
It is coming to PC but not egs. So he can't say its exclusive to xbox and PC.

PC is not MS platform, but Gamepass is.

Microsoft telling the regulators that they won't take es6 away from Sony.

Show me evidence where anyone has said the contrary.

Mind you what Phil Spencer said to regulators is just he said to please to regulators. False report, better to say

D

Deleted member 417

24 Jun 2022
To be honest, there's no proof Starfield is exclusive.

I still maintain that it and other Bethesda games are coming to PS5.

TBH if I were an Xbox fan and Microsoft, say, bring Starfield to PS5 a year after it hits Xbox consoles, I'd be a bit upset. They have been marketing and messaging this thing as THE next big Xbox exclusive, and there's been a level of muddiness & confusion about it that'd make Rise of the Tomb Raider blush.

And all that for a year's exclusivity? When the company owns the IP itself? Yeah, I think at that point even more moderate Xbox fans would probably feel a bit ripped off, let alone the extremists though their feelings on it wouldn't matter just like how they don't matter right now. It'd also signal that pretty much any AAA games from a MS studio would be a timed Xbox exclusive at most, but at that point...

...I'd really just rather Microsoft come right out and be forthcoming about their business strategy. Why trick people into buying Xboxes on the idea they're getting console exclusives when it turns out, whoops, no they aren't!! It's coming to other consoles anyway!! It feels like they would want to do in that case what Sony's sort of doing with their PC porting strategy, the difference being Microsoft have already outright confirmed cadences for Day 1 of all games to PC, and Day 1 of all games to Game Pass. Why be transparent on those but not your porting strategy to other consoles if say something like Starfield is in fact just a limited-time console exclusive to Xbox?

Like FWIW I wish Sony would establish a clear cadence with their PC ports, though I think the cadence I personally feel would be preferable (late PC ports of previous non-live service games in a franchise timed to within a year of new versions coming exclusively to the console) is not the cadence they want to go with.

D

Deleted member 417

.I'd really just rather Microsoft come right out and be forthcoming about their business strategy. Why trick people into buying Xboxes on the idea they're getting console exclusives when it turns out, whoops, no they aren't!! It's coming to other consoles anyway!!
Would it surprise you if Microsoft did this? They've fooled their customers for years now. How many times have we heard "wait until next e3!" "Best deal in gaming" or how about lying to their own devs about their sales when Gamepass loses sales?

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Bro got banned for 9 months, that's harsh.
Other than being a blatant Xbox I can't see what he could have done to get such a long ban

OT: The guy had over 40 reports since Jan 1st 2023, Was warned multiple times in Written form and Points added to his account.
We have had people complain in DM's as he knows what he is doing and digging at people trying to rile them up.
He has been banned in the past so this is the second time, the date was a random date put in it can get lowered or increased which will happen some time in the future.

Quick edit: This was discussed at length with all admin and moderators, It was not just on a whim and out of no where.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That's a nice little break for the forum, lmao.
yeah, he kept dragging everyone for little details. it is crazy. like he is 5 years old or something. no need to antagonize people just for fun.
all that stuff with Forspoken, Hi Fi, wtf, like he is a child.

i bet, his time will be shorten after deal passed through or got blocked.