God of War Ragnarok sold over 11 million copies!

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Incredible performance ! ! !
youtube eyes GIF by SoulPancake

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
not sure, why it's take so long to announce it? he is working on it for years now.
Because some dummies said that whenever something is announced too early it's not good. For example part of E3s appeal was announcing games being worked on whether it was 4/5 years from now but thy changed that up after this weird narrative of announcing games years out wasnt good. Yet u had other companies every E3 still talking about the same ips over and over until thy finally dropped with nothing else to show.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Great and can't wait for ps+. And confirms also no need for pc port.

Would like to know how much sells ratio in ps5/ps4

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Thats really good. Sony's financial meeting is tomorrow/tonight so that probaly why they announced this.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What an absolute beast!

So a little over two and a half months to sell 11 million through to customers.....

What's all that about needing to sell games on PC again?

These are the types of games that Sony should focus on, this is the audience they have.... not gaas, not mobile, not PC.

Glad I was there day 1 and I hope they do remakes of the Greek games soon too.

24 Jun 2022
Because some dummies said that whenever something is announced too early it's not good. For example part of E3s appeal was announcing games being worked on whether it was 4/5 years from now but thy changed that up after this weird narrative of announcing games years out wasnt good. Yet u had other companies every E3 still talking about the same ips over and over until thy finally dropped with nothing else to show.

TBF, Microsoft have just reinforced that strategy being bad considering games like Hellblade II were revealed in 2019 and still aren't out.

I do think though with recent reveals and even surprise drops like HiFi Rush which seem to have been very well-received (funny that journalists didn't complain about not getting review copies for that, but did with Forspoken), I don't blame Sony if they take a different approach going forward. No surprise-day drops, but I can see them shortening the reveal/release window quite a lot especially for franchise sequels.

Like Uncharted 5, I can see a 3 or even 2-month reveal/release window. That's enough time to get the word out, kick up an advertising campaign, open up preorders and get the big launch. Sony in particular can benefit from that because they simply have so many console exclusives between them and 3P titles, and marketing rights with big 3P AAA games.

And if they ever do some smaller AA games again, they could actually do reveal/release the same day digitally and have a Trail for the game in PS+ Premium. Anyone complaining about that, just point to HiFi Rush and ask them why it was okay to do there, but not with these other AA-games. I wouldn't want Sony to do that for every AA game, but one or two a year, it might be a neat strategy.

I do think just shortening the reveal/release window for AAA releases in general is going to become the norm because I think devs & pubs are tired of negative narratives having time to form around big releases. Just as long as there's still enough time to have a proper marketing campaign and preorders, I don't see it as too big an issue. Don't think brand new AAA IP can really do that type of strategy though, they'd still need the more traditional window or maybe more novel promotion approaches (like early Trail demos for subscription members) to build up a base before release in a shortened reveal/release window.

24 Jun 2022
Beast.
And people throughtit was not selling.

It was faster than GoW 2018.

People thought HFW & GT7 weren't selling, either, but they're still among the top-selling games of last year and that's without including bundles.

Congrats to SSM for the big success!

What an absolute beast!

So a little over two and a half months to sell 11 million through to customers.....

What's all that about needing to sell games on PC again?

These are the types of games that Sony should focus on, this is the audience they have.... not gaas, not mobile, not PC.

Glad I was there day 1 and I hope they do remakes of the Greek games soon too.

Def agreed the audience for these types of games seems to be predominantly on console, not PC. Save the PC focus for live-service GaaS titles and smaller quirkier games like Dreams or Sackboy's Big Adventure.

I'm ready to sink a lot more time into GOWR myself. Gonna be eating good once I can.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
TBF, Microsoft have just reinforced that strategy being bad considering games like Hellblade II were revealed in 2019 and still aren't out.

I do think though with recent reveals and even surprise drops like HiFi Rush which seem to have been very well-received (funny that journalists didn't complain about not getting review copies for that, but did with Forspoken), I don't blame Sony if they take a different approach going forward. No surprise-day drops, but I can see them shortening the reveal/release window quite a lot especially for franchise sequels.

Like Uncharted 5, I can see a 3 or even 2-month reveal/release window. That's enough time to get the word out, kick up an advertising campaign, open up preorders and get the big launch. Sony in particular can benefit from that because they simply have so many console exclusives between them and 3P titles, and marketing rights with big 3P AAA games.

And if they ever do some smaller AA games again, they could actually do reveal/release the same day digitally and have a Trail for the game in PS+ Premium. Anyone complaining about that, just point to HiFi Rush and ask them why it was okay to do there, but not with these other AA-games. I wouldn't want Sony to do that for every AA game, but one or two a year, it might be a neat strategy.

I do think just shortening the reveal/release window for AAA releases in general is going to become the norm because I think devs & pubs are tired of negative narratives having time to form around big releases. Just as long as there's still enough time to have a proper marketing campaign and preorders, I don't see it as too big an issue. Don't think brand new AAA IP can really do that type of strategy though, they'd still need the more traditional window or maybe more novel promotion approaches (like early Trail demos for subscription members) to build up a base before release in a shortened reveal/release window.
Bro Microsoft use to talk that bs and I remember saying wtf are thy even talking about because their show talked about Sea of Thieves, Forza and the new Gears at that time for like three consecutive E3s until thy finally dropped.