Guess Hogwarts Legacy Metacritic Score

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Not just because of politics either, I don't have faith in the studio to make a great game and since the press are already sharpening their axes they'll be more than willing to jump on any legitimate issues they find.
IGN already doing it in preview

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
80~85.

That doesn’t apply here i think because it’s not a movie adaptation
people are really overvaluing this game to dunk on trans people. it's kind of disgusting, honestly.

I won't be playing this due to having no interest in the license, but it looks like the run of the mill open world western game with very little to do beyond point A to point B fetch quests.

To anyone who is buying this to 'support' J.K Rowling: You do realize she's one of the most insufferable man-hating feminists? her twitter timeline rivals Adam Sessler in terms of toxicity.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
people are really overvaluing this game to dunk on trans people. it's kind of disgusting, honestly.

I won't be playing this due to having no interest in the license, but it looks like the run of the mill open world western game with very little to do beyond point A to point B fetch quests.

To anyone who is buying this to 'support' J.K Rowling: You do realize she's one of the most insufferable man-hating feminists? her twitter timeline rivals Adam Sessler in terms of toxicity.
The press on the game is overly negative precisely because of what you’re saying… the game is banned on Era… I think your worldview is twisted tbh

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
The press on the game is overly negative precisely because of what you’re saying… the game is banned on Era… I think your worldview is twisted tbh
There's two sides to this that are equally as dumb. I have no problem talking about or covering the game, it just doesn't look very good.

At the same time, I'm not buying 5 copies for family & friends to dunk on people who take issue with J.K Rowling's comments. A public figure should know/act better.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Idc about the woke argument, the game looks pretty good to me.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Lord Mittens

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

You are the first person to bring it up in the thread so i guess you are the chosen one.
The Chosen One Movie Trivia GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

I understand that it is a thing in the twitter verse and some parts of the internet.
I believe the people that are going to buy or have already paid for it don't care what some random rich person thinks, They just want to play a new harry potter game as it has been years since a good harry potter game has been released.
That all being the one good thing about this game is it is set miles before the harry potter saga picks up, So most if not all will be just "based" in the harry potter lore.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You are the first person to bring it up in the thread so i guess you are the chosen one.
The Chosen One Movie Trivia GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

I understand that it is a thing in the twitter verse and some parts of the internet.
I believe the people that are going to buy or have already paid for it don't care what some random rich person thinks, They just want to play a new harry potter game as it has been years since a good harry potter game has been released.
That all being the one good thing about this game is it is set miles before the harry potter saga picks up, So most if not all will be just "based" in the harry potter lore.
I agree. I also don’t like Rowling and I think she’s trash but I won’t skip this game just because of her, fuck her tbh. Me buying this or not won’t make any difference to the fortune that woman has, she’s a fucking billionaire. I use Twitter which is Elon trash Musk property. The same people that shits on Rowling also use twitter. Isn’t that a little hypocritical? Twitter is fine but Harry Potter is crossing the line?

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Good job, guys. You turned a game about guessing a score into a discussion of wokeness, twitter and trans people.
angry daffy duck GIF by Looney Tunes

Im Out Morgan Freeman GIF

P

peter42O

Going with an 80. For me, probably more like a 90 based on previews I have been watching. Hogwarts Legacy is going to take up all of February for me. Hehehe.

• party
Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Good job, guys. You turned a game about guessing a score into a discussion of wokeness, twitter and trans people.
angry daffy duck GIF by Looney Tunes

Im Out Morgan Freeman GIF
the controversy will affect the score surely, it is what it is. No use in burying our heads in the sand.

the current 'review climate' will subtract a hearty number off the score.