Has anyone here tried a detox diet before?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I am currently 17 days into a Detox Diet and boy does it feel weird and I cannot wait til Christmas when I can go back to eating regular food!

I found out about Dave Palumbo's Detox Diet online and decided to try it out as I have tried his products before and boy have I went from 188Ibs to around 174Ibs which is the lowest I have been for about 6 years now?

I feel great in some ways but horrible in some other mostly because of the food choices I have, supplements I have to take, and the 12 hours of not eating with sucks because my job schedule can make it unbearable at times.

I have been eating nothing but Fish, Oatmeal, Organic Tofu (This one for only a little over a week now), broccoli, and been taking some expensive supplements like
custom probotic in the morning
kidney stuff
Fiberlyze
Testolyze
V Minerlyze
Omegalyze
Fruit and Vegtable Blend extract pills
Milk Thristle
and organic Apple Cider Vinegar (With Mother) which I cannot stand the smell or taste of this

Soon my suffering will be over and I can be a normal human again! But has anyone out there tried a detox diet before? What were your results if you did?

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Haven't tried....
Bit vary of supplements and the havoc they can cause with liver and kidneys...

Mostly here to help you on your way some pics of Nordic Julbord (what we eat here during christmas)
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 12.40.01.png
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 12.39.19.png

Reactions: Bort

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I mean my wife drink some detox things that I try... I basically eat and drink everything.
Some are not bad.

But I never did any diet and I'm at my normal weight.

Plus I don't do exercises... never.... I don't like... it is too boring.
Said that two children is already an exercite by itself :D

PS. I really think eat / drink everything is the best way to health... I'm very eclectic with food... I love both the so called health food and the trash food.

Reactions: PropellerEar
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Haven't tried....
Bit vary of supplements and the havoc they can cause with liver and kidneys...

Mostly here to help you on your way some pics of Nordic Julbord (what we eat here during christmas)
View attachment 170
View attachment 171
I found this youtube channel a few days ago called "eriktheelectric" where he eats some crazy food challenges and I can't stop watching him, it torture because I tmakes me want to eat something besides oatmeal and broiled fish already. I'm dying he but Christmas day is when all this suffering ends!

Reactions: PropellerEar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just a curiosity.

You say you was 188lbs and now 174lbs... is that not too thin?
If I'm not wrong that is between 78 and 85kg, no?

I have 1.92 meters and my ideal weight is around 100kg... 94kg is when I look like a guys that doesn't eat for 30 days and you see only the bones with the skin over them lol

Less than 90kg I don't think I can even survive.
In my view a man around 1.70 meters with 78kg is in a good shape.

Anyway you are doing that for health or just because you think you are too fat?

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Just a curiosity.

You say you was 188lbs and now 174lbs... is that not too thin?
If I'm not wrong that is between 78 and 85kg, no?

I have 1.92 meters and my ideal weight is around 100kg... 94kg is when I look like a guys that doesn't eat for 30 days and you see only the bones with the skin over them lol

Less than 90kg I don't think I can even survive.
In my view a man around 1.70 meters with 78kg is in a good shape.

Anyway you are doing that for health or just because you think you are too fat?
I'm pretty thin I would say, I'm only 5foot 9 so being around 170Ibs is about when my 6 pack is showing but to answer your question it's kinda both, I'm doing it to be healthy but also want to stay around the bodyfat % where I'm showing a 6 pack.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm pretty thin I would say, I'm only 5foot 9 so being around 170Ibs is about when my 6 pack is showing but to answer your question it's kinda both, I'm doing it to be healthy but also want to stay around the bodyfat % where I'm showing a 6 pack.
That is great... you are really in good shape ;)

Reading your post again I believe your only issue right now is the 12 hours without eating... that will really make you fell down/weak... it is important you eat something at least each 4 hours.
If the time/work is a issue try at least to eat some cereal bar regularly in that period.

I'm not that much focused in body working (yeah I don't have anything near a 6 pack but I'm still thin :D)... my wife has a bodybuilding and pilates clinic and that is the advise (about the eating issue) she can think from your story.

To be fair we never entered in type of diet... we eat/drink detox things but that occasionally just like ice cream :D it not something every day... there is no rule too.

Reactions: RE4-Station
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
That is great... you are really in good shape ;)

Reading your post again I believe your only issue right now is the 12 hours without eating... that will really make you fell down/weak... it is important you eat something at least each 4 hours.
If the time/work is a issue try at least to eat some cereal bar regularly in that period.

I'm not that much focused in body working (yeah I don't have anything near a 6 pack but I'm still thin :D)... my wife has a bodybuilding and pilates clinic and that is the advise (about the eating issue) she can think from your story.

To be fair we never entered in type of diet... we eat/drink detox things but that occasionally just like ice cream :D it not something every day... there is no rule too.
yeah today is gonna suck, I woke up around 6:00PM yesterday and started eating at 7:00PM exactly so I got my last meal in at 5:30Am today before work and I have a 12 hour shift and cannot eat anything, can only drink water. It's not that bad actually, once you detox for a while the feeling of always being hungry doesn't hit as hard for some reason but it can be annoying at times. when I get home after this shift I am going right to bed and eating my first regular meal since December 3rd! I have been craving cereal so much and lately!

• sad
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
finally the diet is done, had some cereal this morning before work and damn was it good!

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
one thing I want to mention is that after 21 days of nothing but fish, oatmeal, organic tofu, macadamia oil, is that sugar become so much sweeter once you try it again. I bought a donut from a 7/11 the other day and oh my goodness the sweetness was insane. I could literally feel the sugar messing with my mouth and teeth like I was so sensitive from it I could feel the rotting it does to you! It's almost like tasting it for the first time again.

Bort

8 Jan 2023
I was bulimic for half a decade, got down to 66kg, (I'm just over 6foot 2 [in flats]) then ended up in hospital with diabetes with a blood sugar level in the 90's. (Healthy is 4-7)

I was a child watching Absolutely Fabulous the first time that I heard about the importance of detoxing.

In my teens/twenties I tried every celeb fad diet/detox that was popular, but I realistically missed the point of them all.

A lifestyle change would have saved so much pain.

Eating healthy, with occasional splurges that actually revolved around my social life is perfect for me.

Previously, I would deliberately book appointments when my mates would gather for dinner, then show up an hour into the meal so I could just drink wine and avoid the food.

Now, I just do what I want, without feeling the need to make excuses.

I remember attempting to use public transport whilst midway thru the lemon detox diet. The noxious gasses always got me an extra seat for my bag.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife convinced me I didn't need any sugar... my poor staff bore the brunt of my wrath.

I remember having to stand around for hours at a wedding after chewing on nothing but wet napkins for fasting days.

But yeah, unless you're at rehab, or avoiding caffeine, I don't buy into detoxes anymore.

I do however, fully support fidgeting. Making a concious effort on how to use you hands at all times can be a distraction from what you crave.

The best thing I EVER did for my eating habits, is that I can't eat anything 'bad' that I get via car. But I can eat anything, if I am willing to walk to it. A 15-30 minute walk means you really want it. Especially if there's a chance I may encounter people I know, and need to tart myself up.

And no delivery, unless it's a happy social occasion. Like a funeral.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75