HBO The Last Of Us | Review Thread

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Please stop giving david jaffe attention. He no longer has sane opinions because the only way to generate traffic these days is to ride the outrage pony. He has not had a good take possibly ever on his youtube show, at least not on purpose.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Couple of scenes felt like they would have been better if they lifted them directly off the game instead of the shows own unique take

- Joel and Tess meeting Marlene (and the entire Robert thing)
- Ellie revealing her bite mark, the show just rushed it in 2 and a half seconds.
- Joel didn't need to go beast mode to kill the final guard with his fists, the whole point of the scene in the game is that he barely survives that encounter thanks to Tess.
- Tess in general feels like she's been watered down compared to the game.
These are episodes so they been to build a narrative thread into the episode. A game isn't segmented like that.

The final scene showed us the darkness of Joel and tied it back to what happened with Sarah. I think that was really well done . Overall the episode was about Joel, giving the big moment at the end to Tess just wouldn't have worked as well.

Next episode can hopefully give more to Tess and more to the immunity but this episode needed to end being about Joel.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The final scene showed us the darkness of Joel and tied it back to what happened with Sarah. I think that was really well done . Overall the episode was about Joel, giving the big moment at the end to Tess just wouldn't have worked as well.
Tied well with the comment from Marlene on what they(or Joel) is/are capable off, including why Robert was so terrified of Joel.
Next episode can hopefully give more to Tess and more to the immunity but this episode needed to end being about Joel.
Next episode is directed by Druckman, i think.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just saw it. As a game adaption it's a 10/10 so far with me thinking "wow I remember that scene in the game so many times" even though I think thy missed an opportunity removing one or two game scenes or changing it. As a first show 7. 5/10 because just like TLOU it started out slow. But definitely a solid show, I look forward to.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Please stop giving david jaffe attention. He no longer has sane opinions because the only way to generate traffic these days is to ride the outrage pony. He has not had a good take possibly ever on his youtube show, at least not on purpose.
To be honest, he was always an asshole and a bad take factory, he just used to be relevant, too.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Just saw it. As a game adaption it's a 10/10 so far with me thinking "wow I remember that scene in the game so many times" even though I think thy missed an opportunity removing one or two game scenes or changing it. As a first show 7. 5/10 because just like TLOU it started out slow. But definitely a solid show, I look forward to.
i rated similar, 7/10.

• fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78